Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

141 - 160 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Ok guys, here we go. The plan is as follows: West Houston riders will meet at 9:30AM on Sunday, (1/31/21) at the Bucees in Cypress. This is at 27106 US Hwy 290. After coffee and restrooms if needed, we will be kickstands up at 10:00 and proceed to Bucees in Baytown. This one is 4080 East Fwy, Baytown, Tx. There we will meet East Houston area riders at around 11:00. Again, coffee and restrooms then ride down to Kemah area for lunch and BS. After lunch, ride up to the San Jacinto Monument park for pictures and more BS, then head out toward home from there. I am trying to find out if we can bring the bikes on the Lynchburg Ferry. If we can, thats a pretty good ride. If not, we can roll back to 225. Two things: first, if you see any changes that need to be made, by all means throw in your two cents. (Two cents is all I can afford myself). Second, any suggestions for lunch would be appreciated as I know very little about whats there. Spread the word. Right now it looks like four bikes.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,176 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I've only ever eaten at Bubba gumps in kema. The patio is right on the boat entrance from the bay.
T-Bone Tom's is good, the Flying Dutchman is great. There's a lot of small local restaurants in there too, don't go to the boardwalk part, go straight at the 4-way. I've eaten (and drank) at Skallywag's too.

kemah restaurants open - Google Search

·
11,176 Posts
I'll be there. I need a nice ride with friends.

·
11,176 Posts
Just got home from our ride. Great day. @safetyart06 , his son Jon, Carla and myself meet up on the northwest side of town and road to Baytown on the east side to meet up with @JasonP from Beaumont. Weather was sunny with a little nip in the air when we left. Videos to follow, here's the Relive video:

Here's our planned route.

First half of ride was all freeway and didn't get onto slide roads until we got to Baytown. We stopped to get some lunch on a recommendation but was a two hour wait. We didn't wait and going a great burger spot.

After lunch we went to the San Jacinto Monument and hung out. It's right on the Houston ship channel so we watch the ships go by. We the started to head home after a nice day. Wind was pretty bad and caught us off guard on the bridges a few times but over all a nice day ride with great friends

·
11,176 Posts
Here's the video. When I started to look at the video I shot, I was disappointed. It was a super bright sunny day and had bad sun spots in over 90% of the footage. I cut over 90 minutes of video down to 5 minutes of semi usable footage. The video might not be all that good, but a great time had by all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, it's was a sweet day, I thought! Nice and blue. Had a great time, and that's the second time I've seen something for the first time with yall! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm unfortunately undecided at this time with my BIL being ill. Maybe meet somewhere mid way and ride to Battle Ship Texas / San Jacinto Monument. Just thinking out loud.
Les, is the Texas in Houston (I see in a later post its moved temporarily)? Is it the battleship from the turn of the century? I wouldn't mind seeing that one. (The one I'm thinking of had two guns in the turrets and is black and white in the pictures I've seen of it.) I've toured the battleship Massachusetts a couple of times. I still haven't made it to the Alabama, which is much closer to me now, yet. I believe the Alabama is a sister ship to the Massachusetts but was built a little later. The Massachusetts and Alabama were built in the '30's but I think the Texas was the USes first Dreadnaught class ship.

·
11,176 Posts
You are correct. The Texas Battleship is docked just east of downtown by the San Jacinto Monument and battleground. The ship has been closed for a while going thru restoration. They plan to move it soon to complete the job.

Reactions: CantRider

·
11,176 Posts

Anyone interested?
Unfortunately I'm working. If you go, test drive the Live Wire. Would love to know what your thoughts are. Remember, you can always test drive mine if you want. :LOL:

141 - 160 of 236 Posts