Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

161 - 180 of 236 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,176 Posts
The offer is there, just let me know. The newer ones are really not that different than ones like mine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Jason, I didn't see your post until it was too late, or I would have gone. Been wanting to go up there and I heard they do a lot of things on Saturdays. I will for sure try to make the next one.

Les: Jon, myself and maybe Gabe are leaving the house at 1:00 heading to Cycle Gear. We can ride up Greenhouse and scoop you up if you want to go.

·
11,176 Posts
Les: Jon, myself and maybe Gabe are leaving the house at 1:00 heading to Cycle Gear. We can ride up Greenhouse and scoop you up if you want to go.
Absolutely, I'll meet you at the same place on Greenhouse. I'll be there at 1:15.

·
11,176 Posts
Just got back home from going to Cycle Gear with @safetyart06 and Jon. Beautiful day out. Carla's been looking at getting a 3/4 helmet for summer time. She couldn't go with us so was texting pictures back and forth. Then she decided which one and they didn't have her size. I need a new set of boots, and they had some on sale, just not in my size. Walked over to clearance area and had floor model in my size. Jokingly I asked if I get a discount since no box. They call the boss over, he asked if $24.99 sounded good. I'm the proud owner of a new pair of boots. Here's the Relive.

Helmet Carla wanted:

My new $24.99 boots:

The Houston Riders, @safetyart06 brought his HD today. Was a great ride.

Video to follow.

·
11,176 Posts
Here's the video from today's ride. Thanks @safetyart06 for the idea. I really needed a ride after a busy week.

·
11,176 Posts
Art, ordered that helmet for Carla when I got home. It was $10 cheaper online and they had a medium in stock. If for some reason she doesn't like it, we will have another excuse to ride to Cycle Gear. You realize you cost me money today making me buy all this stuff. 🤭

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
I know it's a little way out, but I am looking at Sunday March 21st for a ride. Possibly toward La. or Sam Houston. Starting early to see if we can grab a few more riders. Let me know what y'all think. Im open for anything, but its looking like the 21st is going to be my first available Sunday.

·
11,176 Posts
Like you, a ways out, but count me in. Carla and I have some projects we are working on but will try to keep that Sunday open. Is something like this what you were thinking about? We could ride out towards Beaumont, meet up with @JasonP, head up to Woodville, have lunch and head back. @JasonP could ride with us to maybe Livingston before we split. @Louisiana Jeff, how far from Beaumont are you? Could you meet us in Beaumont and maybe ride to Woodville with us. Just throwing ideas out. It would be a long day like our Galveston trip.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Reactions: lesblank

·
11,176 Posts
Cool, @safetyart06, looks like we have someone else joining us. Who else is in western Louisiana or east Texas that might want to join.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Cool, @safetyart06, looks like we have someone else joining us. Who else is in western Louisiana or east Texas that might want to join.
I have a Honda (cough, cough) rider friend or two that might be interested. Is the destination Mama Jack's buffet? Mama Jacks | Facebook
It's in Kountze.

EDIT: Maybe not Mama Jack's they close at 1500 (3 p.m. for the rest of ya') on Sundays.

·
11,176 Posts
We are open to all riders if you are comfortable with them. Hey, @safetyart06 and @JasonP let me tag along on my "H" brand. 🤭
Lunch is open to anywhere. All recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Seems a plan is coming together quickly. Of course all riders of all inferior brands of motorcycles are welcome. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just kidding. I have a Harley and will more than likely be on it for the ride.

Jeff, when it comes to food, I always listen to my home folks from Louisiana.

Especially one that uses military time.

·
11,176 Posts
Unfortunately I'm working or I would have meet you. What are you going to buy me at Cycle Gear? 🤭

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Sorry I missed you. Had a 100 item honey-do list this weekend and My Princess has a birthday next weekend. Therefore, I am grounded from my bikes.

161 - 180 of 236 Posts