Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....just 18 minutes! We had this for two weeks, bought this for my wife for Xmas...and what a machine!

We now...cook the entire chicken...succulent, both white and dark meat...and then I place it for 10 minutes at 400F in our counter top forced air convection oven...crisps the chicken right up...along with french fries just below it....and then....and then?

WE CHOW DOWN, baby!

Very much recommended...just wait for a sale near you.

I love traditional pot roast...and a full dinner 5 lb chuck roast, with sauteed onions, carrots, medallion yellow potatoes, celery....cooking in two cups of beef broth, and one cup of red wine...cooks in just 1 hour! Yep...what would take you 4-6 hours in a slow cooker, is done to perfection in only 1 hour.

Oh..and only ONE pot...to clean...that's it... Raw, to table top, meat and vegetables....in one hour!

Yeah yeah...the new kid on the block the Ninja Foodi....hundreds of dollars more expensive...huge on the countertop...and if you already own a convection oven...you have all the capabilities of the foodi, already.... Plus...the InstaPot has a stainless steel cooking pot...while the Ninja has a ceramic coated, aluminium. Get that scratched in cooking and or, by utensils...and you are done...not so with the food quality, InstaPot solid stainless cooking interior pot. They are both great systems...no matter what, though! Personal preference always in the play mode... :)

You couldn't pull our InstaPot 6 qt DUO out of my cold dead, hands....no sir! :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
The wife & I got an instapot a few months back. We have cooked these meals in them.

Chicken Cordon Bleus
Chicken Cacciatore
Pork Loin - 28 mintues from plugging in the machine until the pork was cooked.

The wife & I have decided we need to use this more.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife & I got an instapot a few months back. We have cooked these meals in them.

Chicken Cordon Bleus
Chicken Cacciatore

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Check out Pressure Luck on YouTube, this guy is amazing with all his fabulous recipes and step by step videos. His killer Pot Roast is now my adopted 'default ' comfort food' ��

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

Chicken Cordon Bleus
Chicken Cacciatore

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Check out Pressure Luck on YouTube, this guy is amazing with all his fabulous recipes and step by step videos. His killer Pot Roast is now my adopted 'default ' comfort food' ��
I need to check one of these out!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My Grandma warned me about pressure cookers exploding they sure have come a long way. I would love one of these.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I need to check one of these out!
Tony, we are becoming (like thousands before us...) InstaPot 'groupies'....

I am making Indian Butter Chicken over Basmati rice, that if I spelled out the recepie...a pool of drool would be just ahead of your knees, lol. That's for dinner tomorrow night.

The TOTAL time to cook the 4 boneless chicken breasts....15 minutes. Yep...no typo there....

One pot...you stir fry the celery, and onions in olive oil, you then put 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth with them, you add a can of tomato paste, the spices, put on the lid, set the InstaPot to high pressure cooking, press for 15 minutes. Walk away...you don't have to babysit at any time. 15 minutes later, you allow a 10 minute slow release (natural) of pressure, wait for the pressure pin to drop....open up the top...add a cup of thick cream...gently fold that into the delicious stock....and then put one succulent and juicy (chicken cooks to absolute perfection in the InstaPot!) breast on top of a bed of rice...ladle that creamy golden red/brown sauce that has yellow curry in it...pour a glass of white wine...and give a thumb's up to your 'cooking partner' sitting there on the top of the stove....

Joking aside....we want to cook more and more with our InstaPot Duo 6qt...as it cuts cooking time...70 or more percent from oven, or stove top preparation. And does it? It sure does...and to finally have chicken and meat, with all its wonderful juices locked in....well....it's a wowzer on the taste buds....

Tony...the new kid on the block is the Ninja Foodi...that also Tender Crisps food...but...if you already have a counter top convector oven, or already a stand alone, Air Fryer...it's cheaper to go with my suggested InstaPot for sure. People that own the Ninja Foodi, are also raving about them...so it is a matter of due diligence and what appeals to your type of food and cooking style more.

The ONE THING, that I would like to bring up though...if you are still with me....is that the Ninja Foodi 'counter top' footprint is huge...harder to clean, does NOT come with the heavier and superior solid stainless steel inner cooking pot...AND, if you are going to crisp up (like cooking chicken wings with high pressure heat, then wanting to crisp them up...in using the Ninja Foodi, you only have the square inches of the actual pot to place like only 10-12 chicken wings...but if you have a stand alone convector oven as we do....I can dump in three to four pounds of raw wings into our InstaPot 6 qt Duo...and then put ALL of them on two layers of the much bigger convector oven. I set the convector oven to 400-450 F, for 12-15 minutes, and the wings are golden brown...succulent because of the pressure method of cooking them...and the convector oven merely gives them that Road House crunch on the outside. Add some Blue Cheese or Ranch dip dressing...(along with some great air-fried fries)...add 2 beers each...and you can see how much fun and how fast, great bar food, traditional food, FOOD FOOD FOOD, gets to the table...owning one of these gems...

Dang...just typing about this...I have a 2 lb bag of wings frozen in the freezer...and you can cook magnificently from frozen to the table, using the InstaPot! No thawing necessary if you forgot to take out of the freezer, or like me right now...get a craving for some Wings n' Beer....:) 1/2 hour from now...will read the forum...munching away with some Blue Cheese dip sauce...

Life...is good....

Joe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My Grandma warned me about pressure cookers exploding they sure have come a long way. I would love one of these.

Pat, long are the days of the bobbing pressure release weight on the top of the pressure cooker. The InstaPot and the Ninja Foodi have so many different fail safe features...that exploding cookers is the thing of the 50's and 60's...if they even exploded at all. My mother's never did...and I have known pressure cooking since a young lad.

Wait for a sale...I got our's (cough, cough, er...my wife's....) on a Xmas sale two weeks before Xmas, for $59.00...regularly around $179.00 in Ontario, Canada. The sale price was insane! They were flying off the shelves all around me....actually, some shoppers were downright aggressive...lol. You'd think it was the '49'er Gold Rush...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Chicken Cordon Bleus
Chicken Cacciatore

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Ain't they great! We love ours...and right now, are mostly InstaPot Virgins...lol!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Once you pot, you're no longer a virgin. That's just science!

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
LOL....well, if you go to PRESSURE LUCK'S YouTube channel, you get quite overwhelmed by the amazing how-to video's and recipes the guy has done. He has a massive following, with us added! Try out his now famous InstaPot Pot Roast. Trust me...it tastes as awesome as his facial expressions imply...along with a glass of red Cabernet. :)

https://pressureluckcooking.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWP5zYusIJqJCK27A0NlAKg/videos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts