Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wrenched on several cars and have done mustang 5.0 rebuilds. I have done cam swaps on LS1 vehicles but I have never messed with the internals of a motorcycle before.

I want to run a piston kit for higher compression and a new cam as well for some more well fun to the rear wheel...

Has anyone done this before or are there any how to's online anywhere to read. I just ordered my SS chubby kit so I am thinking to myself if I have ro rejet the carbs I might as well go all out and get the rest...

My dad just picked up a 2013 raider so I have to keep up... And no I love my bike period love the classis looks better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, I can't say how hard it is as my bike already had the work done. High compression and bored to a 1225. Seems Vstar 1100s have a lot of untapped potential; mine readily burns rubber from stoplights or slow rolls....love it! Not loving that I need a rear tire already. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's good to know. With the pods, ignition, pistons and cams I think this puppy has some awesome sleeper potential.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts