Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for new tires and I was searching the forum here and seen some have put a 200 on the rear of their V-Star's. I am also trying to decide between the Metezler 880 and the Michelin Commander II, any input on one of those would be great as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a pic?

·
Registered
810 Posts
How's the handling?
Oh man! I'm kinda afraid to answer that. :eek: For me.....let me repeat.....FOR ME, here in central and southern Indiana, it does great. Don't want to hijack Mr. Neptune's thread, so do a search on this site and you will find plenty. That's all I got to say 'bout that.

Mr. Neptune: I've heard great things about the Mich II's, and I plan on putting one on the front next month. I got 12,000 out of the OEM front tire, so the Mich II should make it to 20,000??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im looking into getting a new rear tire also and I plan on going with the Com II. I also was thinking of moving up to a 200 but am undecided.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im looking into getting a new rear tire also and I plan on going with the Com II. I also was thinking of moving up to a 200 but am undecided.
I think you should do it and let me know how it works....save me the pain....lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran a 195/65/15 car tire on my Suzuki 1500 for 5 years put over 40000 klms on it handeled like a piece of crap but it did save me a ton of money lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D Now see I was thinking, I'll tell you how the ComII works, and you tell me how the 200 does
That could work.....I am thinking I will know here in the next few weeks or not. I will try to take a before and after pic of the 200. However here in Denver I might not be able to put that many miles on it till spring......lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I had to come back to this thread and update it......went to a 200 on the rear.

Before:

After:

I have only ridden it around the block so far and can't comment on if it handles different but will update the thread when I get a few hundred miles on it......after the snow melts...lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And as a update on both the new front and rear, I have about 200-300 miles on them now and the difference in size is not enough to not do it. The front felt a little heavy but that is soon forgotten and the rear rides just like the stock size. If you don't have fenders I say go for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have run an Avon venom 200 on the rear of a 2007 1100 classic with cast wheels, it rubbed, I clearanced, it rubbed some more, I clearanced some more, it still rubbed.

Dropped back to a 170, I am now modifying an ebay swingarm to allow a 200 of that brand/model of tire to work. I am running a 150 in the front and the 200 matched it so very nicely that I am going to run this issue to ground.

~John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts