Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

How many of you running a 200/70-15 on the rear?

19K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jwidiker 
#1 ·
Time for new tires and I was searching the forum here and seen some have put a 200 on the rear of their V-Star's. I am also trying to decide between the Metezler 880 and the Michelin Commander II, any input on one of those would be great as well.

#6 ·
Oh man! I'm kinda afraid to answer that. :eek: For me.....let me repeat.....FOR ME, here in central and southern Indiana, it does great. Don't want to hijack Mr. Neptune's thread, so do a search on this site and you will find plenty. That's all I got to say 'bout that.

Mr. Neptune: I've heard great things about the Mich II's, and I plan on putting one on the front next month. I got 12,000 out of the OEM front tire, so the Mich II should make it to 20,000??

#12 ·
So I had to come back to this thread and update it......went to a 200 on the rear.

Before:

After:

I have only ridden it around the block so far and can't comment on if it handles different but will update the thread when I get a few hundred miles on it......after the snow melts...lol

#15 ·
And as a update on both the new front and rear, I have about 200-300 miles on them now and the difference in size is not enough to not do it. The front felt a little heavy but that is soon forgotten and the rear rides just like the stock size. If you don't have fenders I say go for it.

#17 ·
I have run an Avon venom 200 on the rear of a 2007 1100 classic with cast wheels, it rubbed, I clearanced, it rubbed some more, I clearanced some more, it still rubbed.

Dropped back to a 170, I am now modifying an ebay swingarm to allow a 200 of that brand/model of tire to work. I am running a 150 in the front and the 200 matched it so very nicely that I am going to run this issue to ground.

~John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.