Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Reaction score
Heated liner

I do not have one yet but I keep threatening. I believe it is the way to go. Wonder how you plug it in? I installed a lighter plug receiver on a pig tail under my seat for GPS, Cell phone, Etc. That would work well for the heated liner. I ride down to 50 degrees now with windshield, lowers, chaps and leather coat.

The biggest key is keep air out of your cloths, up your sleeves, neck, or up your, back. After that the heated vest will keep the main core of your body warm. According to the Discovery channel that is key to keeping the extremities warm also. You just feel better if the main core is warm. I always see a lot of talk about heated cloths this time of year. Many focus on the hands and feet because that is often where you feel cold first but the jacket liner will help keep them warm also. Hunters need one too. I guess you can buy battery operated liners now too. I sometimes use chemical hand warmers inside my coat.

About 90 watts, no problem for your generator.

Dave

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Reaction score
Lowers

I have Bucks Lowers. From buckslowers.com. They take care of most of that turbulence behind the windshield and blocks much of the wind on my legs. Not all of the air on my legs. The outer edge of my leg gets some wind. Lowers do add some comfort and protection to a ride specially a cold ride.

I first had a set of chrome lowers for an 1100 V Star mounted behind the rollers that mount the windshield. They were a little larger and blocked more air. But, when I installed an engine guard they hit, Bucks are cut out for the guard.

Have never seen a pair installed but Airwing makes a set that mount on the engine guard. Expensive though, $250.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.