Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I was interested in knowing how many raiders owners are on this site mine is a 2009 silver with flames with a 240 tire, cobra swept pipes , intergrated rear lights.

fastbandit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Raider rider here. Just bought my 2012 model and haven't done anything to it yet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Screw that. I took cash and waved it in front of the dealer. Walked away twice before they lowered the price and took my Sportster at a trade I was willing to swallow. Wouldn't ever finance a bike even if it was the only way. If it was my only option and if it were paid for, I'd keep the 1100 just as you are! Kudos for OWNING your own bike, bro! I'd be the same way if I hadn't saved my life savings for this one!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I'm with you, both my 1100 and and strat are owned outright - admittedly at much less than retail new bike prices.

The only time I've ever had an auto payment is when every manufacturer was giving away money - literally zero financing and the same price as cash. But that was only once.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too have lusted after the Raider, but the 1100 is paid for and I just popped for a new exhaust and a set of Metzlers.

1100 is for keeps.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
The one thing you 1100 riders have over the Raider riders is mileage! One thing I have noticed coming from my sportster 1200 is that my gas goes down too quick. This may be a throttle / hand issue but I have been taking it easy on the new engine. I'm barely getting 36 to 39 MPG where I was used to getting nearly 45 solid MPG. Just something to think about. Will post more once I do her first oil change.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
2 for Dshrek

I have a 2009 Silver Raider factory tribal and in Black accents, My other is a 2010 Black S model. They are both Great! I had the lifters replaced on the 2009 at 1200 miles, the 2010 is still good to go at 4000 miles.

Mods on both cobra swepts FI 2000R controller, Mustang seats, national chopped windshield, Cobra rounds short sissy bar and luggage rack, cobra chrome belt guard, quick detach Kuryakin saddlebags for long hauls.

Great Machines!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lifter issues Raiders

Raiders from 2008 late in the production through early 2010, seem to have had a batch of bad lifters. Yamaha did not issue a recall, but if you had an issue with low mileage they would usually spring for the parts. My 2010 model doesn't present any issue yet. Hope it is one of the later models.

Symptoms are when you start up you get a knocking for about 2-3 seconds and then they pump up, but are not holding pressure. Can be serious if not fixed. about an $850 repair including parts.

Mine was over warranty for about a month but they did pay for the parts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ohhh! A lucky scl owner! If I could have, I would have, but just too expensive. Nice nice bike though. Wished the scl had less chrome though (not a chrome fan).

Enjoy your new scoot, dude! She'll be turning heads for a long time! Guaranteed!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Honestly, I picked up the SCL for less than the standard Raider MSRP. I couldn't pass it up. I actually went looking for a Stryker, I wanted a black one but the black one they had in stock had PM wheels on it. They wanted to charge me $1500 less for the Stryker with PM wheels than the SCL was...

I forgot how much I hated cleaning chrome. haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just traded an FZ1, I think it's been about 3 weeks now, for a new 2012 Raider S. Same here, dealer just made me a good deal. I looked at the Fury, The Stryker, The Raider S side by side, Parked myself on each one. The Fury felt like a cheap plastic toy, and for almost as much as the Raider. The Stryker was really, really nice, but the Raider was just...IT. I'm doing the first service, installed a PC3, installing a set of Cobra Dragsters. Otherwise, still stock, and awesome. Gotta fix those front forks though...too soft. Still, it corners really well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Add me to the list for a 2013 Raider SCL #"14". I've added a factory sissy bar, moved the license down low, and my new Cobra powerpro tuner arrives this week. Soon as it gets here ill install that along with the V&H 2 into 1 i picked up used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello.

I was interested in knowing how many raiders owners are on this site mine is a 2009 silver with flames with a 240 tire, cobra swept pipes , intergrated rear lights.

fastbandit.
I just got one yesterday, 2009 silver, cobra swept pipes. NEEDS a new back tire real bad. I'm thinking a 240, what brands have people here been using for a 240? Any clearance issues riding two up?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts