Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be more visible and on the low budget side. I rarely, if ever, drive at night but I want to create more attention. There are some lights on eBay and I could mount them myself without expensive light bars. I am looking at an additional light below my headlight. I would like to go directly into the headlight bucket and tie into say the low beam or on all the time (open to suggestions). My thinking is the more lights the more visible and I don't want to tax my system. I have read the threads on driving lights etc. and am left with this watt question. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
From my experience, anything above 35W will draw too much on an 1100.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've run driving lights that were 35wt apiece, but not off the headlight circuit. If you want them to run along with the headlight as I did, then use a relay. Have the headlight power the relay on whenever it's on and run a fused source from battery that the relay will turn on.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Your headlight is rated at 180w (watts= amp x volts) OEM running lights are 35w each for 70w + the high beam of 65w is only 135w. That's well within the limits of the 15A fuse. You can hook them up to the hot wire for the headlight without a relay setup. After all that is what the Dealer will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts