Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely ride without complete protective gear - so today I weighed my gear. Helmet, leather vest, jacket, leather over pants, gloves and (don't forget) ear plugs. All together, that stuff (including batteries in my heated gloves) weighed 18.5 pounds. (I always wear boots - even when I don't ride.)

Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
I always wear pants, boots, gloves, and a helmet. For summer time commutes I usually go without a proper jacket, it's too damn hot here and I don't want to be rank by the time I get to class. During winter, I add the jacket (textile or leather) to the commute.

If I'm going for a dedicated ride, no real destination, I wear more gear. During summer, that means the addition of a textile jacket (sport bike) or a Speed & Strength armored flannel (cruiser). During winter, I'll add textile armored pants to the aforementioned gear for sport bike riding or chaps to the leather jacket for the cruiser.

I've never weighed any of it.

ETA: Back when I had my ZX636 I would ride in my Teknic track leathers, as I rode much more aggressively with that bike. I sold it back in 2012 and relaxed my riding a bit.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I rarely ride without complete protective gear - so today I weighed my gear. Helmet, leather vest, jacket, leather over pants, gloves and (don't forget) ear plugs. All together, that stuff (including batteries in my heated gloves) weighed 18.5 pounds. (I always wear boots - even when I don't ride.)

Dave
I always wear a full-face helmet, boots and armored jeans.

During hot weather, I add to that mesh jacket & mesh gloves.

During cold weather, I add to that full leather padded & insulated jacket + insulated gauntlet leather gloves.

Never weighed it. But guessing the cold weather gear is well over 18 lbs. Leather jacket alone probably exceeds that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts