Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take off the rear cross cover (2 allen bolts)

take off the large nuts hold the plastic on the bike,

poke a phillips inside the wire hole, and tighten it right up.

eazy cheezy

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Better stop doing that when you get to be my age :D

I was never a big fan of plastic threaded holes on vibratious V-Twins and bikes with stiff suspensions. My first attempt at fixing this would be to epoxy in a short stud and use a nut inside the black fender extension and secure it with a flanged nut inside using a deep socket wrench. Those plastic threads suck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I was looking for a way to fix my droopy signals. :)

If it loosens up again after tightening the screws I guess I'll have to pick up some metal-to-plastic threadlocker. Loctite has one (Loctite 425 Assure) but it's almost $20 per small bottle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't really tell, are these the front turn signals? Or, is it the same for the front and back? I just bought a 950 and one of my front signals has this 'droop', hoping this easy fix is the solution

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seems like a lot of the bikes have the chunky rubber piece that cause turn signal droop. If you get tired of tightening the screw and/or it doesn't do fix the droop enough, most people find that just replacing the rubber piece solves the problem and they're not terribly expensive in the big scheme of things.
While I'm not a big fan of Partzilla for ordering parts they do have good diagrams to find part numbers that you can then search the web to find.. Yamaha Motorcycle Parts | Partzilla.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts