Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to figure out how to get to the carbs, i have removed the gas tank but i cant seem to be able to remove the black box at comes after... do I need to remove the air filter and ducts?? does anyone have a video or photos of the process??.. ive tried looking on youtube but i havent found any for the 1100..

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sounds like you could use a Yamaha Shop Manual.....Sorry no pics except for what's in my manual.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you could use a Yamaha Shop Manual.....Sorry no pics except for what's in my manual.

where im stuck at is removing the air intake box... it doesnt seem to come off, so im wondering if something underneath it is holding it , i already removed all screws around it.:confused:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Did you loosen the clamps that hold the rubber boots to it?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
One on each side.....just take a look, they are right there. You can see where they connect to the bottom of the air box. Should take you about a minute to do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One on each side.....just take a look, they are right there. You can see where they connect to the bottom of the air box. Should take you about a minute to do.

Thank you Sick Mick, i was able to do the solenoid kit install and aside from figuring out how to remove the ticky air box, it was all a piece of cake!!..... turns out the solenoid at the right had the wire cut off for some reason, right where at the solenoid connects, i bet that was what threw off the engine light, who knows what the previews owner did, but I still installed the kit you sent me and it fit just like its sopossed to , it was all a breeze!!... :D:D

THank you once again for the KIT!! :D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
No problem.....those wires break all the time.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sent you a PM....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts