Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post a few weeks ago about looking for a new to me bike. I sold my VTX 1800 to a buddy and was looking at getting a Victory Cross Country (9-14k) or an Indian Roadmaster (14-18k 18 was my cap). I couldn't seem to make my mind up between the 2 but was leaning toward the Indian due to Victory being a dead stick now. Then I was having trouble trying to convince myself to drop about 16k on a 2016 Roadmaster. I don't know why I was having an issue with it. It was what I wanted, or so I thought.

I was discussing the purchase of the Roadmaster with my wife (who was totally fine with me spending that much on it) and she just blurted out, "Forget the Indian, go cheaper, and buy 2.". Ummmmm.....errrrrrrr....OKAY! She didn't have to tell me twice. So as of yesterday I am the new owner of a 1 owner Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 with 7600 miles that I found on my local fb marketplace. Then as of today, I am the new owner of a 2011 Yamaha Raider (been a dream bike of mine since '08). The raider has 21,000 miles on it, and I bought an extended 2 year warranty and the dealership fixed it up with brand new tires front and rear.

So, thanks to my wife, I not only have 2 new motorcycles, but I also saved about $2500. I love this woman. I believe I'll keep her around for quite a while more. ;)

Registered
They are pretty bikes
Do you live in Alabama, that looks like a Bama plate.
My wife's family all live in Alabama and we live in Pensacola

Registered
That is awesome. I know the feeling 13 years ago i took my wife looking to buy an 1100 and i ended up driving home a 1800VTX. Kinda ironic i sold it 3 years ago and bought my 1100 Star Classic. My wife puts up with me she is a keeper also.

Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Congrats on two new nice bikes! Last summer my wife urged me to buy a new Triumph 1200 Speed Twin, but l just could not justify spending more than 20k on what for me would be a starting point. There is nothing wrong with the missus, though.

Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
I thought that when my second ex-wife (before the ex part) bought me a VMAX that she too was a keeper. Then I realized that she bought it as investment knowing that my life insurance was well worth the cost of the new VMAX.

Life is all about perceptions right? :ROFLMAO:

Registered
2007 VStar 1300
Million reasons my wife is a keeper, none related to material things.
HOWEVER...she took a short ride with me on my 750 Honda Shadow Spirit and said "We need a bigger bike." That's how I / we ended up with the VStar1300.

That just confirmed what I knew all along.

Registered
I made a post a few weeks ago about looking for a new to me bike. I sold my VTX 1800 to a buddy and was looking at getting a Victory Cross Country (9-14k) or an Indian Roadmaster (14-18k 18 was my cap). I couldn't seem to make my mind up between the 2 but was leaning toward the Indian due to Victory being a dead stick now. Then I was having trouble trying to convince myself to drop about 16k on a 2016 Roadmaster. I don't know why I was having an issue with it. It was what I wanted, or so I thought.

I was discussing the purchase of the Roadmaster with my wife (who was totally fine with me spending that much on it) and she just blurted out, "Forget the Indian, go cheaper, and buy 2.". Ummmmm.....errrrrrrr....OKAY! She didn't have to tell me twice. So as of yesterday I am the new owner of a 1 owner Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 with 7600 miles that I found on my local fb marketplace. Then as of today, I am the new owner of a 2011 Yamaha Raider (been a dream bike of mine since '08). The raider has 21,000 miles on it, and I bought an extended 2 year warranty and the dealership fixed it up with brand new tires front and rear.

So, thanks to my wife, I not only have 2 new motorcycles, but I also saved about $2500. I love this woman. I believe I'll keep her around for quite a while more. ;)

View attachment 105234
FWIW, you are better off all around. Those indians are overrated. They look great for sure. But compared to a Raider or Stratoliner they are under powered and everything on them costs a fortune!! Great bikes congrats. Great wife too!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts