Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my Harley for a V star 950 three weeks ago, so far this has been the most comfortable 212 miles I have ever ridden on a bike. I look forward to reading up on parts and reviews, as well as becoming a member of the Star community.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the bored! ;) So, I realize it's kinda hectic there on that east coast, but you better find time to read the book of newb! Most of us have never seen a pic of a 950 Vstar in at least 10 minutes!

Oh, congrats on unloading the HD!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im doing more riding then wrenching (no wrenches required so far), and I'm not marking up my garage floor with oil. The HOG's oil would bypass the oil pump if not started every few days due to the check ball. I think this was the smartest decision I made all year!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'm doin great and welcome aboard.Just another satisfied hd owner.Best thing you've done getting rid of that money pit. Now your new money pit will get all the cool stuff instead of repairs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill post a picture of the bike as soon as I do something cool to it. I have been pretty good at getting power out of all my bikes in the past, and the 950 pushes my 165lbs okay, but the stock restrictions are starting to get old. nothing a big air kit and a 2 into 1 system cant fix. maybe drop the coin on that cobra 2000 fi thingy as well. Stratoliners are a sweet bike, but im living the American reality and cant afford one right now ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts