Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Just bought my first bike last month, 2015 bolt, and i'm loving it. I live in Colorado so the fuel injection beats the hell out of a carb in the mountains. Looking to get some advice on some modifications on here. Hoping you experienced folks can help out a newbie.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Welcome from north ms ev, the bolt is a great bike! The best mods you can make with fuel Injection is exhaust system and open air filter kit. I own an 09' 950t, sister bike to the bolt, and I made those mods to it. Big difference in overall performance. You will need a fuel processor if you do both mods. Ride safely and share some pics with us, we love pics here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,206 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from north ms ev, the bolt is a great bike! The best mods you can make with fuel Injection is exhaust system and open air filter kit. I own an 09' 950t, sister bike to the bolt, and I made those mods to it. Big difference in overall performance. You will need a fuel processor if you do both mods. Ride safely and share some pics with us, we love pics here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Keith, question on the exhaust system. So is it necessary to do the exhaust, open air filter, and upgraded fuel management system all at once? Can the aftermarket exhaust operate on its own or maybe just with the fuel management OR air intake? I'm looking at the vance and hines competition series slip on. The only thing I hate about the bolt is the exhaust - it's too quiet and not the best looking. I'm impatient :grin: and $900 is a chunk of change to drop all at once on the vance and hines exhaust, fuel management, and air intake.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
I understand about the big bucks all at once. I did the slip on first, then followed up with open air filter and fuel processor at the same time. For me, the most noticeable upgrade was the open air filter kit. I shopped around for all of my upgrades and spent a total of $575.00. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand about the big bucks all at once. I did the slip on first, then followed up with open air filter and fuel processor at the same time. For me, the most noticeable upgrade was the open air filter kit. I shopped around for all of my upgrades and spent a total of $575.00. Hope this helps.

So to have all 3 is more of a performance deal then a health of your bike deal? Just don't want to run the exhaust by itself it's going to damage something. If so i'd rather wait and save my pennies:wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Running the exhaust upgrade by itself for now won't damage anything. You'll get a deeper tone and a tad bit more performance. After the additional upgrades is when you'll notice it the most. I essentially bought what I could afford at the time, exhaust, then did the other two at the same time. I did my own installs saving even more. The bolt sounds really good with an exhaust upgrade by itself.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Keith, question on the exhaust system. So is it necessary to do the exhaust, open air filter, and upgraded fuel management system all at once? Can the aftermarket exhaust operate on its own or maybe just with the fuel management OR air intake? I'm looking at the vance and hines competition series slip on. The only thing I hate about the bolt is the exhaust - it's too quiet and not the best looking. I'm impatient
and $900 is a chunk of change to drop all at once on the vance and hines exhaust, fuel management, and air intake.
Exhaust only=no tuner
Air intake only=no tuner
Air intake+exhaust=flash or fuel tuner or both.
Really look at the flash before the tuner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts