Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new V-Star 1300T last week and wanted to join the applicable forum, so here I am:grin:

I also have a 2016 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom that is about 10 months old.

54 years of Street riding and 81 motorcycles/ scooters.

I'm an IT and Computer Tech and own my own Business.

Hobbies are photography, fishing, shooting, Ham Radio, Computers and of course riding the beautiful roads in the Ozarks.

US Air Force Veteran. 1966-1970.

Amateur Extra KF6GUW

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You say 81 two wheelers? Is that a typo?

How do you like the V-Strom? I was looking at one last year before my V Star 950 won my heart.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments Folks!:laugh:

No typo. The new V-Star is #81. Once diagnosed with acute Motercycleitis, all I can do is feed the malignant habit that forces me to buy shiny toys:surprise:

The DL650 is a fantastic machine in every way in my humble opinion.;)

It was 61 degrees in the Heartland this afternoon so I rode a little over 80 miles and really enjoyed the bike---so far:smile:

Fuel light came on @ 108 miles and it took right a 3 gallons. That means there was possibly 1.8 gallons left?? I guess 36 MPG isn't too bad for stop and go riding in the country, with a little 60-70 mph excursions:nerd:

Sam:smile:

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee Sam, and thank you for your service. Been through Carthage many a time. The 'show me' state has a lot of nice roads to ride on. I own the 1300t's little brother, the 950t. Very nice intro and with your experience, you'll be an excellent asset to the forum. We're glad you joined us and ride safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keith, I absolutely love riding in Tennessee and especially anywhere in Eastern, TN, like the Ooltewah area where a good friend and riding buddy from California lives. It's like 650 miles from Carthage but the last time I rode there was in 2013, when I had a brand new 2012 Goldwing and I really enjoyed the trip. I also trailered my new Triumph Scrambler back there in 2010 and we rode part of the dragon:surprise: TN is one of the most beautiful places to ride as long as it's not 100+ degrees in August with 1,000 percent humidity!! I could live there:wink: Nashville is riding hell as far as I'm concerned. It's like riding the NASCAR 500, with many. many more cars and everybody is CRAZY!:frown:

I just drove through there a week ago when I picked up my new V-Star in Cookeville, TN, a 1,200 mile round trip.

take care!

Sam:wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
I'm between Chattanooga and Knoxville right up in the mountains where it's less humid. Two and a half hours from the dragons tail. Nashville is a racetrack for sure, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello Sam and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service, as well. Sounds like you are a motorcyclist lifer! Would love to see some pictures of your new 1300 T. Sure you can add some information in this area with all your experience. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like we are 123 miles apart---if ya still lived in Plato:)

I live 11 miles from town on my 41 acre agri-farm and I love only hearing the sounds of coyotes, owls, hawks, eagles and frogs!

My commute to work is 9 miles country and 2 miles city! Love it:)

I put 125 miles on my new toy today in 65 degree weather and blue skies and I really enjoyed the little 1300!

Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts