Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up this 2008 XVS1300 - had been in the market for a Stryker, but this one cost half as much and I was sold after a test ride. Great bike all the way around, for what I thought was a great deal at only $3k:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
What a great bike and a great deal! I would take that bike at that price any day.

If it has a quick release I would take the windshield off, and only put it on to ride on the interstate highways.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice intro and with a pic! I’d say you got a good deal considering all the aftermarket upgrades on it. Glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,537 Posts

·
2,535 Posts
Beautiful bike and a helluva deal. Welcome from Atlantic Canada!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a great bike and a great deal! I would take that bike at that price any day.

If it has a quick release I would take the windshield off, and only put it on to ride on the interstate highways.
Mr. KCW,

Agreed 100% - the windshield was the first thing to go (too damn hot down here right now to ride without maximum airflow) - and really, the wind-blast probably keeps me from going faster than I should :grin:

Ended up ditching the lightbar too - cheap quality & poor install. Using some 360 LED blinkers at the top of the forks for now - probably not my end-goal, just something I had sitting around already, good enough to keep me sort-of legal for now :grin:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
there are many after market turn signals for the front of MCs.

I like the ones on the front of the mirrors. You want your turn signals as far away from the headlights as possible, so people can see them, esp at night.

Hiding them in the mirrors works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts