Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m a new-to-Yamaha lady rider from Ohio. 8 years ago I started with a 750 Honda Shadow; 6 months later bought a 1200 HD Sportster and have had it ever since. Yesterday I got a good deal on an ‘07 1300 V Star. Looking forward to tips and tricks for maintenance and tweaking it to suit me!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,463 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few intesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt.

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
761 Posts
welcome from Rochester, NY. Beautiful bike! Visit often, enjoy the many threads and ask questions. Many knowledgeable and helpful members here! Happy trails! Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola , Florida....
coming from a Harley ( I have had 4 ) you will notice the biggest difference at idle. The Yamaha is so much smoother and at topend the vibration is totally different. It will almost feeling like your are floating on the interstate. Yamaha has a smooth suspension...

Enjoy the ride and I can't guarantee the Gnomes won't be sarcastic ( they are a lot of the times , so watch out) we have a lot of fun on this forum, we pick at each other

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Welcome from SW Louisiana! Beautiful bike!

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice bike and as the others have mentioned, this is a very active and helpful forum. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and you'll get responses.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
287 Posts
Contact your local Yamaha dealership at the service desk. Ask them to run your VIN# to check for factory recall repairs not performed yet.

Or look for where someone posted a web link to a Yamaha page to input your VIN# yourself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts