Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed HR Slimbags by Hardstreet on a Raider?
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/hr-slimbags-by-hardstreet?b=Star+Motorcycle&d=12|12&f=2012|49

I installed the bags ordered from Yamaha as well as the mounting kit. I think I was given the wrong mounting kit as the bags dont fit. There is a huge gap between the bags and the fender/bike. I followed instructions to the letter, but they look like something randomly bolted onto the bike. I was hoping for a nice close fit as these bags are sold by STAR for the Raider. I cant imagine anybody actually using these bags if this is the way they are supposed to fit.
Furthermore, they are tiny. I was expecting much bigger bags. My jacket wont even fit inside. Also, the seem super cheap. I was scared I was going to break the bag off trying to stuff my jacket inside. For $1374.00 (bags, taxes and mounting kit), I would expect a custom fit and at least some quality. They have an American flag sticker inside indicating they were made in the US, but I have seen much higher quality come from China.

Very disappointed with them. Here are pictures of one bag mounted. After seeing this, I didnt bother unwrapping the other. I took it back off and packed it up to return to Yamaha.

Did they give me the wrong mounting kit?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Label on box that bags came in:
[/URL][/IMG]

The label from mounting kit:
[/URL][/IMG]

Not sure why last 2 pics upside down.

EDIT:
This is a pic I got from the net showing the mounts I was given:
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the mounting bracket for the 2012 Raider shown in STAR website. This is not the same as what came in my kit.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
456 Posts
From the looks of it I hope they gave you the wrong mounting kit. They look like they are designed to fit a lot closer to the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting to get really pissed off over these bags. Nobody from Yamaha will address my issue. Any post I make to Yamaha FB gets deleted immediately.

Anyone know how to contact Yamaha? The dealer here doesnt seem to be interested in helping me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yamaha customer service its an 800 number for customer care. They have taken care of me before with stupid issues about a yamaha pro dealer being retarded before. Got some warranty stuff taken care of at my local shop at his rate vs the local yammy shop that was way over charging.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Harsdtreet Slim Bags

I attached a pic of mine that I had installed on my 09 Warrior with the black multi fit brackets shown in your original post. They definitely did not provide you with those brackets.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts