Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
So I talked to my advisor today who is not a mechanic. He said they put in a claim for my front pulley... It is out of round because the plastic has warped. I asked him what plastic? I have taken the pulley off and there is no plastic. He said they are hoping that is the issue. I do not think there is a chance in he77 that is the problem. They have not gotten approved for warranty work yet so they are waiting on an answer before proceeding. The drama continues.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,526 Posts
I'm confused, looked the pulley up, looks metal to me. Plastic is where?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I'm confused, looked the pulley up, looks metal to me. Plastic is where?
I've held it in my hands...no plastic. The advisor is just a kid and was reading the mechanics notes so he was not very helpful. I have no clue what they could be really talking about. Maybe the rubber dampeners in the rear pulley? Who knows.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Holy crap. Maybe the flux capacitor is bad. Ask him if you need halogen fluid for the headlights.
All joking aside, I hope they get this fixed.

·
Banned
2,819 Posts
So I talked to my advisor today who is not a mechanic. He said they put in a claim for my front pulley... It is out of round because the plastic has warped. I asked him what plastic? I have taken the pulley off and there is no plastic. He said they are hoping that is the issue. I do not think there is a chance in he77 that is the problem. They have not gotten approved for warranty work yet so they are waiting on an answer before proceeding. The drama continues.

You’re right Rob, there is no plastic. These “yea hoo’s” don’t know what the heck they’re doing. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this.
Mine’s running great, although I am having to deal with the heat again until I get some mileage back on her.
Planning on riding the Blue Ridge and some others this weekend. High’s down here in the valley are gonna be 59, so it’s gonna be CRISP in the mountains. Riding with @David Johnson to go see some fall colors.
Hope you get it resolved “correctly” soon.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
It looks like Yamaha approved warranty work but I believe it is going to be a while. No way do I believe it is the front pulley.

"ROBERT,

Great news, after some back and forth with Yamaha, they want to replace the front drive pulley. The rear wheel bearings, belt tension and adjustment all look good/correct. When we checked that front pulley, it looks out of round and Yamaha said that could be the root of the issue. We will give you a update when the parts arrive and we get them installed.

The number this message was received from does not take phone calls. Please use the number below.

Thanks
SKY POWERSPORTS OF LAKELAND INC
863-682-4607"

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Update:

"Looking deeper into the notes from my parts team, it appears that two of the parts are on backorder until 10/29/2020. We should get them within 5-7 days after that."

Geez!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks again for the update Rob.
Are you still considering selling this and moving onto the Honda or another make.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Update:

"Looking deeper into the notes from my parts team, it appears that two of the parts are on backorder until 10/29/2020. We should get them within 5-7 days after that."

Geez!

Hang in there

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks again for the update Rob.
Are you still considering selling this and moving onto the Honda or another make.
My disappointment in Yamaha take me deep into foul language mode. I will be rid of this as soon as I find a good deal on a new or used Wing.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,526 Posts
My disappointment in Yamaha take me deep into foul language mode. I will be rid of this as soon as I find a good deal on a new or used Wing.

Just don't leave the forum!!!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I hear they even allow HD owners to participate on this forum
I love it, thank you for the laugh.
I am glad you can keep your sense of humor after all the crap they are putting you through

·
Registered
958 Posts

I understand the decision and hope for the best motorcycle for your riding enjoyment.
I hope to meet with you at next years rally regardless of what you choose. I am not loyal to any one brand. I still favor the the 2017 wing with all the extras.

·
Registered
2018 Eluder
61 Posts
I'm worrying I made the right purchase now!
Knowing how word of mouth can kill a brand, you'd think Yamaha would make this right... Same with the GPS issue.
In this "new" world of service driven sales, its essential to take care of customers.

·
Banned
2,819 Posts
I hear they even allow HD owners to participate on this forum. Hopefully Honda will be allowed as long as I promise to let ChiefGunner keep up at the dragon.
If you get a newer 2018 Goldwing, I have to concede. That’s because it’s really an upgraded ST1800 sport bike and not a true touring bike.
That being said, sometimes Rob it’s not just about the bikes cornering abilities, but rather IF you have the “kahunis” to ride it like you stole it! 😁
All I care about is that you get a bike and stay with the group and show up so we can put your “taunt” to the test! 👍

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
UPDATE! The part did not come in, they now expect the part on 11-5.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks for the update, Rob. Hopefully they come in sooner.
While it is aggravating to have it down this long, it is just a motorcycle. I think the wife is far more upset than me.
When I do get it back the battery will probably need replacing...on my dime. That'll probably be the last straw and I'll pitch a fit. LOL.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts