Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,207 Posts
This bears repeating, and I might several times, don't leave the forum no matter what. I look forward to riding with you again no matter what you are on.

Reactions: compjan and ecbaatz

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Dealer callled me Friday and said it was safe to ride and to come pick it up. They'll call when part comes in, sometime in March. I am really surprised that a dealer would release a bike without it being repaired...seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Dealer callled me Friday and said it was safe to ride and to come pick it up. They'll call when part comes in, sometime in March. I am really surprised that a dealer would release a bike without it being repaired...seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Wow. Unbelievable I would think they would have given you a loaner based on the issues and history. Good luck.
Maybe while you have it, you will end up figuring out what it is instead of the part(s) they have on order.

·
10,207 Posts
I'm sure you've seen it, but a few more failures being talked about on the Facebook group. I know it's only the bad issues that are posted, but seems to be a lot of engine issues lately. Sad part is almost all manufacturers are having similar issues with parts available.

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
And the bad part is they gave it back to you after the best riding season is done. Sure here is your bike to ride , it's only winter

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I don't think I will take it back... I dont trust it. Who wants to bet that the dealership will try to charge me storage fees if I dont? Not to mention I bet my battery is dead.

·
10,207 Posts
Wonder if they would sign a waiver stating bike is safe and will accept all responsibility for any personal injury related to unmade repair to documented issue with bike? I mean from Yamaha cooperate.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Plus they could also come back if something lets go saying you caused more damage and try to stick you with the bill

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
UPDATE: dealer called me last week and said it was safe to ride so they would put it back together and give me a call so I could pick it up...still waiting on that call.

·
10,207 Posts
UPDATE: dealer called me last week and said it was safe to ride so they would put it back together and give me a call so I could pick it up...still waiting on that call.
I know you have mentioned before, if I remember correctly, that this is the best dealer in your area. But sounds like to me they definitely need to attend some customer service classes. Interesting part is warranty work cost the dealership nothing and is a great way to build customer service and trust.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Unbelievable, crazy that it would take this long to get it fixed but more ridiculous that they haven’t called to pick it back up....sorry this is happening...good luck.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
UPDATE: I guess the dealer decided it was not safe to ride and never called for me to pick it up. They did call last week to tell me the part has been pushed back to a February delivery date. I asked if that was February 2022 as they had told me a couple of weeks earlier that it would be March. I have called corporate a few times in the last couple of weeks but after being on hold for 30 minutes or so I would hang up... until today. I stayed on the phone for 42 minutes and they answered. They basically said part would be in around February or March. There was one on the West coast but it was already allocated somewhere else. I know some on here don't like to read negatives on their bike but I too was one of you. Yamaha and this bike have been the absolute worst company and machine I have ever had to deal with.

·
Registered
Star Eluder
88 Posts
That really absolutely sucks!! It's completely unacceptable and I can't imagine anyone dealing with that amount of bullshit thinking otherwise. I know a few folks have rebuilt their own starters because Yamaha is letting them down. Have you looked into getting the part made yourself? The fact that that has to be an option is infuriating.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
10,207 Posts
A real bummer. Hang in there.

Reactions: Jspree

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sorry to hear Rob....I can’t remember but what part was it that was failing, was it the front belt sprocket? I wonder if there is another one to be had out there. Could you scout around to see if there was a wrecked bike that you can get the part from. Maybe take another bike for a test ride and swap the part, I didn’t say that.....or typed it....
I have seen on this forum and others that a few have been wrecked and totaled, it is worth a shot to reach out to them and ask....I know it sound horrible but if another fellow biker could help out another. This is like an organ donor.
Best of luck and I am hoping that this doesn’t happen to anyone else but it sounds like they have a backorder and have others. I would have thought since they made a 2021 the parts would be more available.
Also did you ever record the sound, I would like to keep an ear out for it.
Would the sound but a vibrating hum or a hum for something going defective from the rear, center or front.
I hope that the part order is the correct part, I think I remember you stating that you didn’t think the part they want to replace was going to fix the problem, is this still the case?

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
UPDATE: I guess the dealer decided it was not safe to ride and never called for me to pick it up. They did call last week to tell me the part has been pushed back to a February delivery date. I asked if that was February 2022 as they had told me a couple of weeks earlier that it would be March. I have called corporate a few times in the last couple of weeks but after being on hold for 30 minutes or so I would hang up... until today. I stayed on the phone for 42 minutes and they answered. They basically said part would be in around February or March. There was one on the West coast but it was already allocated somewhere else. I know some on here don't like to read negatives on their bike but I too was one of you. Yamaha and this bike have been the absolute worst company and machine I have ever had to deal with.
I agree i don't like negative but i would rather hear the truth on how you were treated. I still can't believe that a company is treating you so horribly. I totally understand the bad taste in your mouth and would assue everyone would. I am so disappointed to hear how they are treating you. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a Yamaha Bolt in 2013 and I had only good things to say about Yamaha service, but since I bought my Road Liner the dealer service on this bike has been unbelievably bad. I was charged over $800.00 to replace the fuel pump. I rode the bike home and the next morning it wouldn’t start.

I took it back and they charged me another $100.00 to diagnose the problem

“Unit inspected; Found rust in the tank.With that the rust is in all the fuel lines and injectors as well. The injectors were plugged with rust.
Needs- injectors,fuel lines and a new fuel tank.” $2,030.92

That’s just part of the bullshit they were shoveling.

I took it to another mechanic, showed him the invoice from Yamaha, after reading it he said “looks like they’re trying to hose you”. After their diagnosis (checking my tank for rust ,my fuel lines and injectors) They came to the conclusion that I needed a new fuel pump.
With parts and labor, including the diagnostic ($85.00) my bike now runs great, they charged me $622.83, Fuel Pump $440.00, Spark plugs $11.96, Labor $85.00, and the Diagnostic.
Yamaha service was done (or not done) at Babbits in Muskegon MI.

121 - 140 of 181 Posts