Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,624 Posts
@Bucfan11 your saga ruins my day each time I catch up on the story. It amazes me the way you have been dealt with. This battery thing is simply wrong of them to even bring up. They should know better than that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my originally posted rant against Yamaha service I didn't mention they also told me I needed a new battery (I didn't). My battery had been replaced (Yuasa) three months before. Once again this was Babbitt's in Muskegon MI.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just can't fathom how this bike that has an issue, is under warranty, and they continue to bill you for things it shouldn't even need. This is wrong on so many levels......

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I can't make this stuff up! I called the dealer this morning and asked if corporate had contacted them, they said they had and that the new battery would be covered. I asked them to test ride and get back to me to which the response was "we will once the battery comes in".

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,207 Posts

Reactions: Louisiana Jeff

·
Registered
Star Eluder
88 Posts
Oh God how long will that take for them to get........ Glad they are covering it. Thats the bare minimum they should do at this point.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
I hate that this has gone the way it has, Bucfan. Hope you finally get your bike back in the next couple of days.

The good news is--and I remember this being an issue for you--sounds like the updated 'wing has a bigger trunk--hopefully big enough that it'll work for you. I hope by this next riding season you've got everything worked out and you're back on a bike you can feel good about!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
UPDATE: Wow, two days in a row! A few hours after telling me they had to order a battery the dealer calls and said they installed a battery and the tech took it for a ride only to confirm the pulley did NOT correct the problem. They now think it may be the drive pulley BEARING...The advisor then told me they went ahead and submitted it to Yamaha and the warranty claim was denied. He could not tell me why. He then asked if I wanted them to replace the bearing. I told him I would call Yamaha and find out why warranty was denied after just replacing a part under warranty. I called my customer service rep at Yamaha and had to leave him a message asking why I was denied. I assume it was the trailer hitch but just wanted confirmation. About an hour later the dealer called and said it would be covered under warranty. Stay away from Yamaha is my advice.
@Cliffieg Honda has increased the storage but honestly at this point it would not have mattered but I am thankful they did.

·
10,207 Posts
@Bucfan11, I can only attempt to understand your frustrations. A personal observation from reading Facebook and multiple Yamaha forums, appears the issue in getting your bike fixed is a dealer that lacks any kind of after the sale customer service. This is a shame. I read about brake switch, stater, engines GPS and other issues. Most are fixed quickly, or at least as quickly as parts can be secured, with owners extremely happy. Hopefully this gets ironed out quicker rather than slower and you can back on a bike of your choice. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you again at the Meet and Greet in September.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You beat me to it Les. I was just going to suggest maybe the dealer is not being sufficiently clear when they are talking to corporate or they are a really poor dealership that doesn't have time to take care of their customers correctly or maybe just inept.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
@Bucfan11 what are the Lemon Laws in your State? I hate to even think of that but this has gone on to long with too many BS things (attitudes, parts failure, lack of service from both dealer and brand and still no resolution).

I know of a few people who have gone the Lemon law route for less and won.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
@Bucfan11 what are the Lemon Laws in your State? I hate to even think of that but this has gone on to long with too many BS things (attitudes, parts failure, lack of service from both dealer and brand and still no resolution).

I know of a few people who have gone the Lemon law route for less and won.
No lemon law on Power sport equipment in Florida.

·
Registered
2002 v star 650 custom
459 Posts
I don't understand why the dealership doesn't want to go to bat for you??
Don't they get standard shop rate for the work and 100% reimbursement on the parts from Yamaha??

Unless the job is one that is known to take many hours longer than the book specified????

They are profiting off the labor and breaking even on the parts. What's the problem with that dealership? Or do I not understand "covered under warranty" correctly?

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
No lemon law on Power sport equipment in Florida.

One more post I can not hit the like button on. One of my buddies did enact the Lemon Law in Florida of his Pontiac Firebird over bad paint that could not be corrected over a year of attempts. He got a new Firebird from his efforts.
Powersport products are ever bit as important as cages in my opinion, but being just one small voice in the big world of politics has not help my cause much at all.

Reactions: Vandy and lesblank

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
My Yamaha corporate rep called me today and apologized for not returning my call. He then told me that they had said they would cover the battery but did not know what I was talking about when I said my warranty was denied. After several minutes of confusion we figured it out. Yamaha told the dealer they would not continue to pay them to change parts. The dealer then called me and said warranty denied! I guess after I told the kid at the dealer I'd be contacting corporate the dealer changed his mind and called me on his own and said it was now covered. The corporate rep said the dealer sounded incompetent to which I replied "Yamaha is printed across the door."

·
10,207 Posts
I liked the part that the battery is being covered, not the dealership being incompetent part. Did corporate have any suggestions on getting it fixed?

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I liked the part that the battery is being covered, not the dealership being incompetent part. Did corporate have any suggestions on getting it fixed?
He suggested I take it somewhere else. Kinda hard to do when it’s torn apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
10,207 Posts
If it rolls, and corporate picks up the towing bill, do you have another dealer close by?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
We have one here, he is a Yamaha power sports dealer. So, they work on all power sports. He is not a motorcycle dealer. They are so bad they let a friend of mine pick up her bike and the bolts for the front brakes weren't tight. The caliper came off on the interstate.
The nearest actual Yamaha motorcycle dealer to me, ( I am in Pensacola) is Montgomery Alabama almost 180 miles away.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts