Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Thanks Keith. Here in Houston we are getting lots of rain but not much wind. They say we will have 20+ inches within the next few days. All of y'all with sunshine take a ride for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please keep us updated on your status members, stay safe and dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Three tornadoes hit within 5 miles of my house. Only got pictures of one before I grabbed wife and dogs to hide in bathroom. Have had over 7 inches of rain today. It's getting a little spooky. But we are safe for now.

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Hope all in the hurricane path are safe. I'm flooded in. Family and house are safe. We have power, food and drinking water. The photos on the news are not telling the real picture, it's much, much worst. The news crews are only showing pictures of main roads as they can not get into the effected neighborhoods. I have friends in two story houses and water is in second story. Houston is very flat and we flood easily but never this bad. The water normally spreads out and not very deep. This time so much rain feel it didn't have anywhere to go. I have received 22 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. The bad part is today we are suppose to get the same amount of rain we yesterday. Oh yeah, bike and Mustang are high and dry.😀 Got to look for a positive.

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Raul, how far from San Jacinto river are you. That might be a concern if rain continue north of you. Behind my house has gone down this morning. I'm like you, normally dry back there. Be safe.

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
I want to thank y'all for allowing me to post none bike related stuff the past day or two. My bike is one of my de-stress items. When I'm posting here it's like I'm on my bike. It's been a very stressful past couple of days and they say we are only about half way thru this. If anyone wants to reply with rain, water, Texas, etc, jokes, please do. I could go for a good laugh and I have thick skin. So if anyone wants some Gulf front property today I have some for sale. Anyone have pontoons made for a V* I'm in the market. I thought all my wrinkles were from old age, no, I've just been in the water too much. Any one else want to join in?

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
I'm suppose to be at work at 6am in the morning. Been getting my bike ready for the drive in. What do you think of my latest mods?

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Now here is the latest forecasted path. In case y'all didn't know Hurricane Harvey has been sitting just south of Houston dumping way too much rain on us. Most hurricanes move quickly in land and dissolve. Now they say the hurricane is going back to the coast and then move back north directly over Houston. OK already, rain, rain, go away and come another day (like next century).

·
Super Moderator
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let's all pitch in and get a set for all of our members effected by Hurricane Harvey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts