Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished Mod number two, fitting Hurricane Old style #1 handlebars.
I purchased a Baron custom cable extension kit [two inches longer]. Really could have used about 4 inches longer in hindsight but I made it work. Front brake cable is a little underwhelming, very skinny, no anti chaffing cover or grommets for brake line guides. But it seems to work ok, think I'll upgrade to a braded metal one at some stage.
I docked 20mm off of each bar end and absolutely love the look and feel of the Hurricane bars which are of very good quality.
I use blue locktite to hold the left grips on my bikes and have found it to perfect for the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hmm, Baron custom cable extension kit. Was that easy to install? I thought if I ever do get risers or new bars that I should upgrade to a braided steel brake line. I have no idea how easy either would be. - The bars look good. What's most important, of course always, is how they feel. Nice job.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, Baron custom cable extension kit. Was that easy to install? I thought if I ever do get risers or new bars that I should upgrade to a braided steel brake line. I have no idea how easy either would be. - The bars look good. What's most important, of course always, is how they feel. Nice job.
There were no real issues with installation except that I should have gone longer, a bit of messing around of course but I enjoy tinkering.
But as stated, I would get the brake line from somewhere else. It looks very insubstantial compared to the factory one and doesn't come with grommets for the brake line guides. So I'm going to have to chase them up now.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Ok, cool. Thanks for sharing. I try to learn on the forum here, though I'm still very inexperienced with making modifications. I like the bike. Glad you're getting it 'dialed in' to how you like it. - (Baby steps for me last year, learning how to do basics on my bike.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks GREAT. How are you liking the Bolt?
I like it a lot. It's a fun project and suits my riding needs well. the brakes feel stronger than the Roadstar I have, and it feels much more nimble in traffic. It's also faster than the Roady. I had some comfort issues at first but I'm sorting those out. It will look totally different when I'm done with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts