Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, when I got my bike it had cobra pipes and stock air box. I installed the hypercharger and was pleased with the whole setup.
I was wondering if anyone has run the hypercharger on stock pipes? They are doing a province wide crack down on loud pipes and to be honest mine can be a bit loud.
I can easily find stock pipes but looking at the re-jetting chart on 650 cc&d page it says not recommended. Does this mean it won't work or that you have to use stock jets?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
My experience has been that hyperchargers aren’t much of a benefit as air gets trapped in them, I’m not saying that yours is doing so, but on carbed bikes if you go back to stock pipes you shouldn’t have to change anything. I owned a 650 Classic with V&H mufflers that tied into the factory header pipes. I added a k&n air filter and didn’t have to do anything. I checked with my bike mechanic and he said no re-jetting was necessary. Just my experience though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.