Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put on my brand new Brigestone tire on the rear because I picked a large rusty screw at the 1,400 mile mark.

Well kiss my rear end, only 700 miles on this new tire and I pick up a frigging 2 1/2 inch long nail.

This crap is getting old fast, I am so tired of these construction trucks who don't give a damn and drop their screws and nails all over the roads.

Attachments

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Put on my brand new Brigestone tire on the rear because I picked a large rusty screw at the 1,400 mile mark.

Well kiss my rear end, only 700 miles on this new tire and I pick up and frigging 2 1/2 inch long nail.

This crap is getting old fast, I am so tired of these construction trucks who don't give a damn and drop their screws and nails all over the roads.
I can relate. A few years ago I had 3 flats in 3 months. If you are like me you are getting good at tire changes. 馃榾

Registered

Well kiss my rear end, only 700 miles on this new tire and I pick up a frigging 2 1/2 inch long nail.

OMG! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!??

Wow..so SORRY to read this, American. Between the heat, humidity levels, alligators...and now screws and nails all over Florida roads....no thanks...I'll stay in Ontario....jeez!

I wonder what use that nail would have...a weird design....

Can you patch it on the inside wall?!?!?

Joe

Registered
Are you riding or parking your bike on gravel or off the road somewhere, like an unpaved parking lot?

Its pretty hard for a nail like that to stand up and puncture a tire on pavement, unless someone put it under your tire deliberately.

Estranged wife, ex GF, recently fired employee... creepy neighbor?

Where I live I can take my trash to the landfill for $5. Have to be really alert in the parking lot, because people do home construction jobs, and drop nails and screws all over the place by the giant dumpers bins at the land fill.

Dont want to make you paranoid, but sometimes people are out to get you.

Registered
double head nails are used for temporary construction, you can pull them out easily.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
I have read that most flats from nails, screws, etc, are on the rear. You run over it with front tire without any damage. The front tire kicks it up and is standing up as rear tire runs over it. This made sense as most of my flats have been on rear.

Registered
Are you riding or parking your bike on gravel or off the road somewhere, like an unpaved parking lot?

Its pretty hard for a nail like that to stand up and puncture a tire on pavement, unless someone put it under your tire deliberately.

Estranged wife, ex GF, recently fired employee... creepy neighbor?

Where I live I can take my trash to the landfill for $5. Have to be really alert in the parking lot, because people do home construction jobs, and drop nails and screws all over the place by the giant dumpers bins at the land fill.

Dont want to make you paranoid, but sometimes people are out to get you.
Good points about the Land Fill. I'll have to keep that in mind, on next visit...look at the ground before I enter the property....

Registered
Good points about the Land Fill. I'll have to keep that in mind, on next visit...look at the ground before I enter the property....

the closer you try to park to the giant Dumpster your risk of nails increase exponentially.

If you back a truck up right to the edge, forgetaboutit! That last 2 feet will cost you $400.

Registered
the closer you try to park to the giant Dumpster your risk of nails increase exponentially.

If you back a truck up right to the edge, forgetaboutit! That last 2 feet will cost you $400.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right.....

Registered

OUCH!!! That stinks! I鈥檓 with Joe on this one. I think I鈥檒l pass on Florida travel.

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Sadly things like this come in groups. I try my best to avoid construction sites as much as possible. Hope you don鈥檛 have any more tire issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts