Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snuck away to check out a 2011 Triumph TBird Storm at a local dealer. But when got there, someone had put a deposit on it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I spent a couple hours helping a friend change the oil on his Speedmaster yesterday. That Speedmaster has all the bumps and curves in the right places! Sort of felt like I was at the strip club except my wife doesn't wait in the parking lot like my Yammy did! LOL!

·
Registered
421 Posts
It is only a machine. It neither knows nor cares whether you look at another machine. As far as I know, there is nothing about "love, honor, obey" anywhere in the sales contract.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I spent a couple hours helping a friend change the oil on his Speedmaster yesterday. That Speedmaster has all the bumps and curves in the right places! Sort of felt like I was at the strip club except my wife doesn't wait in the parking lot like my Yammy did! LOL!
Hahaha! MY wife contributed to my guilt asking why I wanted to sell a perfectly good motorcycle. Do you not like it any more, she said? Dang women, cut that out! Can't a man just flirt a little?

The Speedy is nice. There's something about Triumphs I've always liked, maybe the uniqueness of the appearance with that parallel twin. Didn't hurt that the Bird was a trade at the Indian shop so I got to slobber over the Indians while there. But the Triumph was tucked away in a corner with a Hands Off sign.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I verified the Storm was finally delivered, thought for a day or so I might have a shot at making an offer.

Gonna look at a VROD tomorrow. I have the fever for a different bike although no complaints whatsoever with my 1300.

·
Registered
894 Posts
At this point I would suggest riding out the season until the new models arrive. With the Strat, Roadliner, and RSTD off the market I can't imagine a replacement isn't in the works. Even used bikes are near their peak in price right now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that's probably good advice but....

VROD had a deposit on it! Second time this week. Lessoned learned - call before driving to the dealership! Now there's this CL Raider that looks promising.....

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I looked at and test drove a few newer Triumph's at a meet a little over a year ago... T bird and the America. Both were fantastic to ride.
Like the feel of fine leather gloves on your hands. Both were nice and
tight, great handling. A bit heavy but balance and power was top of the line. Price was the biggest upsetting factor.

You get a lot. But you pay for it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at and test drove a few newer Triumph's at a meet a little over a year ago... T bird and the America. Both were fantastic to ride.
Like the feel of fine leather gloves on your hands. Both were nice and
tight, great handling. A bit heavy but balance and power was top of the line. Price was the biggest upsetting factor.

You get a lot. But you pay for it.
Local Indian dealer had a low mileage 2011 TBird Storm, asking $8995. Needless to say it did not last long. I am really warming to a Thunderbird.

BTW, I've pursued three bikes in the last seven days and all sold before I could get to them! No mas!!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Understand a 2011 even with low mileage is still almost 5 years old.
And $8995 may seem like a good deal to those who know how much these cost new. It's a damn shame they loose so much value right out of the gate,. As any new bike does. The Triumphs however seem to have a bigger hit on the value in very short order.

Why is a mystery....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Understand a 2011 even with low mileage is still almost 5 years old.
And $8995 may seem like a good deal to those who know how much these cost new. It's a damn shame they loose so much value right out of the gate,. As any new bike does. The Triumphs however seem to have a bigger hit on the value in very short order.

Why is a mystery....
Buzz Kill! :-D

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I just looked over the Triumph America (2015) in one test in the Motorcyclist mag. Just happened to be one of the ones they did not show an MSRP on. But it was super sharp. If I had to guess it would most likely be around $9 K And it was a stand out in the crowd.

Actually the Yamaha Bolt won the test. But not without some faults
on it's laundry list....

Kawasaki's Vulcan S Is also low priced and badd ass too...

Check it out..... Just over $7K

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
C'mon Man! Vulcan S? That's a 650cc! I'm jonesing for a power cruiser - my short list is a TBird, Raider, or Night Rod. Or if the wife would pick up a P/T job, an Indian Chief Classic. Hehehe

But I get your drift. There are lots of nice bikes out there that don't break the bank. My 1300 included.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Yeah I get where your coming from . There is no replacement for displacement....

And a larger cc bike is going to have more UUUUMPH !

So the fun factor and the shaky feeling you'll have after a brisk ride
is in your future. When you do it just be careful .

Pick the right time to haul azz.... :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I get where your coming from . There is no replacement for displacement....

And a larger cc bike is going to have more UUUUMPH !

So the fun factor and the shaky feeling you'll have after a brisk ride
is in your future. When you do it just be careful .

Pick the right time to haul azz.... :D
WORD Bro! Nailed it!

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
My last bike was a 2000 SV 650 I jetted the carbs from 138 mains to 144
and installed a Delkevic Slip on header exhaust.

It was flat out fast. Even though only a 650 it had the meat in the motor. Roll on the throttle in 3rd gear at about 30 mph and before you could blink you were at 80 mph. My wife told me to sell it before I got killed on it. She most likely was right.

I'm not a crotch rocket guy. but man that thing was a blast to ride with that much power on tap. And about 120 lbs lighter than my vstar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts