Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Awesome video my friend! What camera did you use for interior shots?
Almost two years ago to the month I had the distinct honor and pleasure to meet and eat lunch with Corsair. He is one of the most kind and humble human beings you could ever meet, we've stayed in touch, exchanged cards and Christmas gifts and support each other in many others ways. This is why I love this forum because of members like Corsair and the many others I'm friends with. Great video buddy! When we come to Canada to visit, can I ride in one of those vintage ✈ planes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith i don't know the brand of camera that was used as this camera was from a pro photographer friend of mine. If you want to ride, we have a P51 Mustang, P40 Kittyhawk (Tomahawk) and a Harvard (T6) that have 2 seats in them. Oh and by the way folks, I got my first ride in yesterday.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That, my friend, was F king AWESOME. Made me think bout the old Black Sheep Squadron I use to watch back in the day. That's the kind of stuff that inspired me to go to PIA. I've worked on a few planes in my day but nothing like that. You are one lucky man.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That, my friend, was F king AWESOME. Made me think bout the old Black Sheep Squadron I use to watch back in the day. That's the kind of stuff that inspired me to go to PIA. I've worked on a few planes in my day but nothing like that. You are one lucky man.
Just to make you more envious. This one was part of the Baa Baa Black sheep tv show. On the line abreast shot, it's the fourth one. And yes, I am blessed to be able to work on these beautiful machines.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I like the pilot's hat, too.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
9 cylinders behind 9 cylinders 18 cylinder double wasp eng over 2,000 hp, at the air shows i loved the whistle in high speed dives, the japanese called them whistling death, i think the air rushing through the oil coolers created the whistle, for me the best planes in the show were the corsairs the B25 mitchell and the best of the best the B17 flying fortress got to all of them up close and personal, that's when i realized hamilton standard made the props, engines were curtis wright, all stuff made right here in ct where i live

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
the B25 and B17 had curtis wrights in them at least the ones at that show did, the corsair was so high i couldn't get to look inside cowl. there were different models of the corsair, i don't think all of them used the exact same engine, they were all 18 cylinders but had different modifications done to them over their lifetime, i think they added water injection to boost the power on some models, they were supposedly a real bitch to start because the oil had to be cleared out of the lower cylinders first and it couldn't have been easy to hand spin that engine to do that

·
Registered
549 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts