Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Southwestern, Ontario, Canada.. Still waiting for the sun to stay out !!!

Working on the 1100 will be no different than your VTX1300c.. Lots to learn and lots to find here on the forums ..

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Hi Scott,
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Lots of 1100 owners here, so you’ll get lots of help on her bike. How about sharing a few pics with us and have her join in the conversations? Ride it safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,349 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada Scott. We won't hold it against you for being a Honda guy - had a few of them in my youth before I converted. As long as you ride two wheels you're more than welcome here. I'm with Keith - love to see a pic of you and your wife's bikes.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I see a lot of Honda cars on the road, when did they start making motorcycles?

Does it have a Honda car engine?

That should be enough abuse for today (you should see me with my HD riding cousins).

Where do you and the Mrs live? I'm in upstate NY.

It would be interesting to hear your comparisons on the vstar and the Honda, since they are similar bikes.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,016 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,016 Posts
Great looking bikes.

·
2,349 Posts
Yes indeed, very nice. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where do you and the Mrs live? I'm in upstate NY.

It would be interesting to hear your comparisons on the vstar and the Honda, since they are similar bikes.
We live in a small unincorporated community in Central Oregon. (Crooked River Ranch)
As for my comparisons of the V Star and the VTX, well... Both are great, reliable bikes. I was first interested in purchasing a Star until I discovered the VTX. For me, the VTX is just a better looking bike. Aside from that they are basically the same. In my opinion. :grin:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome from Nashville TN. I too was a lifelong Honda guy from my 1978 Mini-trail 50 to the CBR 600 and every race bike in between. When I was looking to get back in the saddle I was narrowly searching for a VTX 1300 or 1800. Love that style, hate the new Fury Stateline. I broadened my search and I bought a 2000 mile 2015 V Star 950 for the same money as many VTX models from 15 years ago with many more miles. Dollars didn’t make cents so I went with the Star. My Star is blue as well so I really like the VTX in the pic. Happy trails

1 - 13 of 13 Posts