Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And neither is going to be easy to obtain. Or make my wife very happy.

The first is a 1980 Honda CBX. Beautiful bike, big DOHC in-line 6, plenty of power. And the sound....I haven't heard a better sounding bike. There's actually a guy down here who has one in very good condition. I'd like to befriend him and convince him to let me ride it.

The second is a 1975 Suzuki RE5. Powered by a Wankel(rotary) engine, I want it more for the uniqueness of it. It's also a very good looking bike.

I mean, there's other bikes I'd like, of course. A Boulevard, V-Strom, Stryker, and Scout are extremely high on my want list. And will be one of the bikes I realistically pursue as my next bike.

But the CBX and RE5....those are special.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you kidding me ? This has got to be the post of the month. My brother (RIP Tommy) had an CBX EXACTLY like that one...although I "think" it was a 79. It was an amazing motorcycle.

That Suzuki...Thank you for putting that up. I was unaware that Suzuki offered a Rotary engine motorcycle. Oh God yea....that would be a keeper for sure if you could find one.

Great post man.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
My 2 dream bikes

1980 Suzuki GS 1100 E

Yamaha RD 350 or RD 400 Finding these 2 strokes in good condition is getting harder and harder. And the prices have shot through the roof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts