Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a 2up 65 mile ride yesterday, I'm 6'1" 200 lbs and my wife is 5'8" 145 lbs and I'm here to tell you that the 950 has it over the C50, hands down. The suspension is alot more forgiving even on hard bumps and dips, going up mountains the torque is something to marvel, the shifting is cut in half. There's practically no engine vibration at any speed. Yes, the 950T cost a little more than a C50 comparably equipped but the improvement and quality of ride is well worth the money. As much as I liked my C50, I'm sure glad that I traded it on my V STAR 950, I enjoy riding alot more.:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
is this extra power with the half hole in the muffler per my post?

enjoy :)

with the exception of the floorboards dragging at EVERY turn, the 950 is a GREAT bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't drilled the hole yet. I was wondering about backfiring. Is it more noticeable with the hole? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
no, there is an O2 sensor in the collector (where the 2 pipes meet)

so it should measure the increased air flow, and adjust for it.

we haven't rode ours enough to know.

wife only ride it twice, around the block ~3 times each session

:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.