Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've still been getting terrible head buffeting coming from around the tank on my V star 1300. I was getting very frustrated. I've been doing a lot of riding with my hand and arm moving around trying to map out the airflow in my head to see what I could do. I decided that the Bucks Lowers weren't blocking air below as they were too short. So I got some Lexan and cut out new plastic and made them longer.

So far I've hit 50 mph and it seems to be better.

My only fear is that they will vibrate and sing at speed as they are a little floppy at the end, even though I used thicker and stiffer lexan.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was going to be my next trick - I might still do this but it'll be harder as I'll have to do some fabricating.

This is a photo of Patdcop's wind guards attached to the valve cover bolts. I'm thinking based on where the wind is coming from when I ride this is exactly what's needed to block it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
This was going to be my next trick - I might still do this but it'll be harder as I'll have to do some fabricating.

This is a photo of Patdcop's wind guards attached to the valve cover bolts. I'm thinking based on where the wind is coming from when I ride this is exactly what's needed to block it.

I like that radiator cover! Any idea where it came from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts