Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am such a rumdumb! I have a 99 vstar custom that I love to death..got it last year in mint condition, well Friday i was bored and decided to take off the windshield to see what it looks like. It was only 4 allen bolts to these 2 pieces that fits in between the fork. One on top and one down lower The problem is that after I took it off, I didnt replace the bolts and I think these pieces may have slid down the fork maybe an inch and a half. About an hour later my horn got stuck and i had to disconnect it to stop from going off. Its really weird because the windshield still lines up perfectly with the holes, and I find it hard to believe these 2 pieces slid down exactly the same distance to line these holes up still. But there are marks on the fork about an inch up that seems like something was connected to it. I rode it for around 10 miles like this not realizing what happened. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts