Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new rider and I bought a lemon Yamaha V*1100 classic long story short i just put in a new starter clutch and new battery now the bike will not start I have power lights come on have a good charge but when I hit the start button nothing happens.... no sound no clicking no nothing please help

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
very common thing with new vstar owners, the bike will not start if the kickstand is down unless the bike is in neutral - just pulling the clutch in is not enough.

Make sure you have the kickstand up and the bike in neutral, and pull in the clutch - then if it wont crank its not one of the lockouts, and you will need to use a voltmeter to see where you are losing the 12 or ground between the battery and the starter.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Make sure engine kill switch is in "run" position. If bike is in neutral and engine kill switch is off - listen to the relay (should be clicking). If not - check the fuse. You could also bypass the relay and run positive wire directly to the starter to see if it turns.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,894 Posts
Yes, check both battery connections. The starter takes lots of juice. Report back with your findings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts