Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i broke the bolt on the swing arm to the caliper bracket for the axle. Does it screw out or will I have to get it machined out? HELP!!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If accessible, you may be able to drill it and then use an Easy-out to remove the broken part without damaging the threads. Other than the one mirror, I believe that all the bolts on the Yammies turn clockwise to tighten and counterclockwise to loosen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok it does unscrew to the left. Got it out no problem. Using temporary bolt tell I order OEM from Yamaha.

Now I have the tire back on but the gap from tire to hub seems to much. Anyone have any tricks on how to snug it up?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bako. Now that the formalities are out of the way, you should be asking your questions in the vstar forum as this one is for introductions. When you do post your question about the gap in the vstar forum, tell us about your bike and if you can add pics so that we can better help you out.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Ok it does unscrew to the left. Got it out no problem. Using temporary bolt tell I order OEM from Yamaha.

Now I have the tire back on but the gap from tire to hub seems to much. Anyone have any tricks on how to snug it up?
the gap is normal, the axel has a machined shoulder the big washer catches on.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have a broken bolt the first thing I use is a left hand drill bit. A lot of times once you start drilling it the bolt will come out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts