Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 05 Road Star. Just bought a Chatter Box Drone Security system. I need to find a 12V "Switched" Wire for the ignition AND a 12V "Starter" wire. I think the "switched" wire is the heavy ga. Medium Blue wire. I cannot figure out the "Starter" wire. They both seem like the same wire to me, but obviously they must be different.

I would like to get them both up front under the gas tank near the plug in's just under the instrument panel. There are 2 of these plugs that seem to be the easiest place to get these 2 wires.

Also, If anyone knows of a quick plug-n-go splice for this, that would be even quicker and better than cutting wires.

Any help will be appreciated - Thanks
RoadStarBill is online now Report Post

·
Registered
202 Posts
Goggle posi taps, they come in different sizes and you don't have to cut or strip any wires. Just get the right size for the wire you want to tap.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Power

Bill,

Looks like you should be able to get the switched power from the fuse blocks. I think only the main fuse is not switched. Looking at the drawing looks like your wire is Brown with a blue stripe. In the manual Br is brown and L is blue.

Wonder if the starter button wire would work for the starter?

Here is a link to Paul Milner site for an on line manual.

http://www.paulmilner.com/

If you don't get a good answer here in the Road Liner group post in the Road Star group up the page.

Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JOB IS DONE - DON'T BUY ONE. Seemed nice, but I can sit on it, move it 10 feet, rock it and nothing happens. It will only alarm if I use my own key to start it after I have set the alarm. It will NOT alarm from motion !!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
So you want the alarm to be switched on when your bike is switched off? Did they give you a relay of a fet or is something built in to your system to do this?
It sounds to me like you should have a fused circuit comming of your battery going into some type of switch to provide power when the key is off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
JOB IS DONE - DON'T BUY ONE. Seemed nice, but I can sit on it, move it 10 feet, rock it and nothing happens. It will only alarm if I use my own key to start it after I have set the alarm. It will NOT alarm from motion !!!
If you're using a switched power source for the alarm power that means the alarm is only on when the switched power is on. Like, when the key is turned.

An alarm should be powered by the battery, and if there's switched power involved, it's typically used so that the switched line causes the system to turn off, not on. (i.e., you turn the key, power goes to the relay, and doesn't allow the system to arm while the key's in it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts