Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife has officially traded in her Yamaha for an Indian Chief. I guess I am partially to blame since I bought a Scout a few weeks back and she's always wanted an Indian too. She loves it and that's all that matters. Admittedly I love it too. I now regret getting the Scout and not the Chief. Live and learn as they say. We still plan on attending the get together this September if that's ok. We'll just be riding a couple of different horses. :wink:

·
Registered
961 Posts
We will have at least a couple of Harleys in our group. We don't care what you ride as long as you ride and want to come. Bring your friends with you!

P.S. Indians are fine bikes, hopefully Polaris won't kill this brand like they did to Victory.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The wife has officially traded in her Yamaha for an Indian Chief. I guess I am partially to blame since I bought a Scout a few weeks back and she's always wanted an Indian too. She loves it and that's all that matters. Admittedly I love it too. I now regret getting the Scout and not the Chief. Live and learn as they say. We still plan on attending the get together this September if that's ok. We'll just be riding a couple of different horses. /forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
If you realized the mistake in the model you bought, maybe you should’ve given her the Scout and YOU buy the new Chief! Those are really sharp bikes, and who cares who makes it.... you’re in 2 wheels and you love riding right? That’s all that matters!
Looking forward to seeing Oscars new ride.
Speaking of which.. hey @nurtaeff what ever happened with Oxana’s bike? Did it get fixed or did you just get her a new one?
A second question if I may... Are Tim & Cat coming again this year? I sure hope so. Great people!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you realized the mistake in the model you bought, maybe you should’ve given her the Scout and YOU buy the new Chief! Those are really sharp bikes, and who cares who makes it.... you’re in 2 wheels and you love riding right? That’s all that matters!
She doesn't like the smaller bikes. She won't even try mine out. Her loss... And yes, we both love to ride!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Speaking of which.. hey @nurtaeff what ever happened with Oxana’s bike? Did it get fixed or did you just get her a new one?
A second question if I may... Are Tim & Cat coming again this year? I sure hope so. Great people!
Scout is a fun bike! I rode a Bobber version in the mountains and it was like riding a bicycle with jet engine lol. I had a blast!

Oxana's bike was fixed and all good, just replaced the tank, handlebars and scuffed turn signal and insurance paid. And we will discuss our trip this year with you, Tim and Cat at our BBQ party!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
The wife has officially traded in her Yamaha for an Indian Chief. I guess I am partially to blame since I bought a Scout a few weeks back and she's always wanted an Indian too. She loves it and that's all that matters. Admittedly I love it too. I now regret getting the Scout and not the Chief. Live and learn as they say. We still plan on attending the get together this September if that's ok. We'll just be riding a couple of different horses. :wink:
The Meet and Greet in September is about the people, not the ride. Stay active here as the Vstar brought us together and still can help others with the experience we gained. At least that's the way I see it. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Scout is a fun bike! I rode a Bobber version in the mountains and it was like riding a bicycle with jet engine lol. I had a blast!

Oxana's bike was fixed and all good, just replaced the tank, handlebars and scuffed turn signal and insurance paid. And we will discuss our trip this year with you, Tim and Cat at our BBQ party!
Sounds great. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
She doesn't like the smaller bikes. She won't even try mine out. Her loss... And yes, we both love to ride!
Wow! Won’t even try yours? That’s wild!
I hope she doesn’t mock you about hers being bigger!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, she doens't mock me. She just prefers the bigger bikes. To be honest, I'm looking at trading my Scout for a Chief myself. After riding hers I kicked my self for not buying one.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
No, she doens't mock me. She just prefers the bigger bikes. To be honest, I'm looking at trading my Scout for a Chief myself. After riding hers I kicked my self for not buying one.
That’s understandable!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I bit the bullet this past Saturday and willfully got pressured into trading my Scout in for a Chief. Now I have a new 2018 Chief Dark Horse. Got a good deal on it considering it is the third bike we've bought from this dealer. Couldn't be happier! Well...once I add a windshield and driving lights I will be, but you get the idea. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, congrats! Just went to Inidian website and tried their custom build tool - pretty awesome. Didn't like the MSRP though lol
Holy cow!! Yeah...no. I wanted just a plain Jane model so I bought a new leftover from 2018. It was just under $18,000 after everything was said and done. Their Chieftan models are way too expensive for me. That and too many gadgets and distractions. I like my rides simple. Like me.

Mine is on the right. The wife's is on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Holy cow!! Yeah...no. I wanted just a plain Jane model so I bought a new leftover from 2018. It was just under $18,000 after everything was said and done. Their Chieftan models are way too expensive for me. That and too many gadgets and distractions. I like my rides simple. Like me.

Mine is on the right. The wife's is on the left.
Nice looking rides you've got there!

I was just playing with their website, they seem to be on par with HD pricewise. I like my bikes simple too that's why I went with RK, but still added intake, exhaust and torque cam later. Looking forward to meeting you in Sep. Ride safe and keep the rubber down!

·
Registered
317 Posts

Picked up a Chieftain Limited last year. Best bike I have owned bar none.

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Congrats on new bike. Now join the monthly mileage challenge and get out there and ride it. 😁

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats on new bike. Now join the monthly mileage challenge and get out there and ride it. 😁
I did. I put 300 miles on it that weekend! :grin: I'll be going for the 500 mile service next weekend probably. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts