Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Have posted quite a bit about how the 1100 was the right bike for me. I had test ridden Harley's and Victory's and wasn't impressed. KCW suggested I ride a Roadstar. I did and now I own it! It is a 2006 Silverado in excellent condition with a Baron's Big Air kit and full Muzzy exhaust. What a monster, I love it. I will post pics later as right now I am having too much fun riding it. Taking it to Thunder In the Valley rally Tomorrow. I can only own 1 bike at this point so I will be selling my 2009 1100 Silverado soon, I will miss it but have no regrets. Thanks KCW

Super Moderator
Congrats on the new bike. How about some pictures, I know you don't want to stop riding but still have to get gas, take a picture and post it. 馃榾

Registered
Everytime I get to thinking maybe I should post my real name and photos of myself on a forum like this
someone like Grizzer comes along and reminds us all its best to stay anonymous on the internet

because someones spouse will track you down and hold you responsible, for things like talking someone into buying another motorcycle

:^)

But seriously, there are some things in life that you cannot explain in words, or by logic - somethings must be experienced to understand

like... whats it like to ride a motorcycle down a two lane country road
or... what its like to ride a Road Star

Registered
I have the 2000 Road Star 1600 (aka Biggie) and I love the bike.
Plenty of power & rides smooth.
If I could add anything it would be ... a 6th gear on the transmission & a higher rev limiter.
Other than that, she's a beast.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

Registered
Everytime I get to thinking maybe I should post my real name and photos of myself on a forum like this
someone like Grizzer comes along and reminds us all its best to stay anonymous on the internet

because someones spouse will track you down and hold you responsible, for things like talking someone into buying another motorcycle

:^)

But seriously, there are some things in life that you cannot explain in words, or by logic - somethings must be experienced to understand

like... whats it like to ride a motorcycle down a two lane country road
or... what its like to ride a Road Star
I say the same thing about the SVTC!

Registered
Here is a pic

20190620_113746[72].jpg Here she is, big and bad. Can't wait to take her up the mountain to Thunder In the Valley tomorrow!

Pic of my new Roadie. The contraption on pillion is what my dog rides in she goes everywhere with me. The seats are Ultimate seats so very comfortable.Click image for larger version

The contraption on pillion is what my dog rides in she goes everywhere with me. The seats are Ultimate seats so very comfortable

Registered
Very nice bike. Congratulations! White and silver? Love that color combo. Can't take my eye off a white/silver Indian Chieftain. Enjoy!

Registered
View attachment 84492 Here she is, big and bad. Can't wait to take her up the mountain to Thunder In the Valley tomorrow!

Pic of my new Roadie. The contraption on pillion is what my dog rides in she goes everywhere with me. The seats are Ultimate seats so very comfortable.Click image for larger version

The contraption on pillion is what my dog rides in she goes everywhere with me. The seats are Ultimate seats so very comfortable
You do realize that showing me that picture could end up sending me to divorce court. That looks verrry nice!

Registered
Congrats on the new ride, Grizzer. I can definitely relate. I had (and still have) an 1100 for 3 years and loved it, but after a couple of years it just felt like I needed... more. I always loved the long stroke, high torque kind of v twin so I looked for a Road Star, but before I found the right one a deal came up on a 1600 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad so I jumped on it. I know it's not a Yammy, but it's everything I want in a bike. Since I picked it up I had the VStar out once and it just felt... small. So, it's for sale. For me, anyway, there's no going back to a smaller bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts