Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to work tomorrow at 10 am. My local dealership is doing a pancake B-fast starting at 8:30. I say all this to hope they have time to order my red SVTC before I have to go to work. I got the blessing from the wife tonight. She LOVES how it sits when we 2 up. She can actually see over me and has more room than the GW. I also pointed out the heated passenger grips, heated seat and heated passenger back rest. I hope to have it before we go to the mountains in Sept.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have to go to work tomorrow at 10 am. My local dealership is doing a pancake B-fast starting at 8:30. I say all this to hope they have time to order my red SVTC before I have to go to work. I got the blessing from the wife tonight. She LOVES how it sits when we 2 up. She can actually see over me and has more room than the GW. I also pointed out the heated passenger grips, heated seat and heated passenger back rest. I hope to have it before we go to the mountains in Sept.
Congrat's on your decision. From a fellow ex-Winger...you and your wife will love the bike. It really will shine for you both, after the first couple thousand miles, as you both break into the bike, as much as the bike has to break into itself. I so highly recommend that you order the lower and larger wind collector/deflector set, right off. This will enhance your ride home, in the first mile....and especially that you will be able now to pretty much keep in warmth in Sept. Also, remember right from the dealer before you mount...to have the lower left and right side foot vents wide open. In Sept, open or close to suit your cockpit comfort. Just wait until she feels the heat surround her shoulder blades as well as her behind and thighs...on those early morning Sept/Oct/Nov rides.... My wife and I plan to ride up til the first snow flakes fall. That is what this bike is built to allow you to do...so much heat available, and so many watts behind it....what a bike!

My wife loves her totally heated throne....upper and lower. Same for myself, with the tall boy back rest. If you get the OEM one...you still get the three forward positions and most importantly...great heat for your lower back and kidneys...!!!

The SVTC and Eluder Family grows by the week.... :)

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
WOW!! Congrats. Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
440 Posts
NGM, congratulations on the decision, I hope you are able to make the deal. Are you ordering the passenger heated grips the bike has them as an option, just wanted to make sure you knew this before you left and didn't ask them to throw them in with the deal.
Also so glad you opted for the red, the more folks that get red makes the gray more unique. 😁
Good luck, send us the good news.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
CONGRATS NGM! To take a phrase from a popular movie... “You chose WISELY!”
Those of us in here who rave about this bike don’t do so “flippantly”. There’s a reason FOR our excitement which you too shall be enjoying shortly.
Look forward to the “herd” of SVTC’s at the upcoming Maggie Valley meet!
It’s gonna be awesome!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
NGM, congratulations on the decision, I hope you are able to make the deal. Are you ordering the passenger heated grips the bike has them as an option, just wanted to make sure you knew this before you left and didn't ask them to throw them in with the deal.
Also so glad you opted for the red, the more folks that get red makes the gray more unique. 😁
Good luck, send us the good news.
Don’t worry Rich, the “pack” of RED ONES will slow down and wait for you! 😄

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Congrat's on your decision. From a fellow ex-Winger...you and your wife will love the bike. It really will shine for you both, after the first couple thousand miles, as you both break into the bike, as much as the bike has to break into itself. I so highly recommend that you order the lower and larger wind collector/deflector set, right off. This will enhance your ride home, in the first mile....and especially that you will be able now to pretty much keep in warmth in Sept. Also, remember right from the dealer before you mount...to have the lower left and right side foot vents wide open. In Sept, open or close to suit your cockpit comfort. Just wait until she feels the heat surround her shoulder blades as well as her behind and thighs...on those early morning Sept/Oct/Nov rides.... My wife and I plan to ride up til the first snow flakes fall. That is what this bike is built to allow you to do...so much heat available, and so many watts behind it....what a bike!

My wife loves her totally heated throne....upper and lower. Same for myself, with the tall boy back rest. If you get the OEM one...you still get the three forward positions and most importantly...great heat for your lower back and kidneys...!!!

The SVTC and Eluder Family grows by the week.... /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Yes it does Joe. EXCITING to say the least!

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
I ordered her this morning. Yes I got the tall oem backrest and heated grips for the passenger.
How long till you take delivery?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes it does Joe. EXCITING to say the least!
Yessir, day by day....if you are looking for a V-Twin experience, in Luxury Tour appointments, the bike sells itself. Personally, I'd never go back to a multi-engine. Now that I know the difference, that flat six ride is isolated from what I love about motorcycling. The SVTC gives me all that back...in every way. I'd never now go back to a flat six or four cylinder whatever. Nope... I have a Sport Ride envelope, in a Luxury Tour, and I mean l-u-x-u-r-y... For solo riding, I dial in 3.5 on the rear, for dual, I crank the ride adjuster, to the last click. The bike rides like on air.... Both my wife and myself are simply nuts over this bike. I have never seen her want to ride with me more, than with the SVTC. Before, our horses were almost split equally for riding time. Now...that's changing. I thought that I would never see that day. Her riding friends are wondering what the heck is going on, when they call, she has more 'oh...Joe and I are going here, there, there, here...so I can't make the ride date"..... On any of our 5 Wings together....she made mostly all those dates. I don't dare bring that up....that would be co-rider 'suicide'! Keith would know what I am talking about....so, I keep my mouth shut...and enjoy her more motorcycle involvement, since she placed her butt on the SVTC's saddle. Cool...cool!

Buying the SVTC after years of 5 Wings, was the best decision I have made IN years, regarding new bike purchases. For myself, anyways.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I ordered her this morning. Yes I got the tall oem backrest and heated grips for the passenger.
I suggest the lower wind deflector/collectors. If you don't have them installed, you will have no idea what they bring to the ride, in heat dissapation, or heat retainment. In this case, ignorance, is not bliss...I know. I have my bike decked out with them. You might also want to think about the heel and toe shifter. It is an amazing difference in usage and comfort, from the stock peg shifter. It will also prevent any premature wear of your foot wear. Again I know...for my bike is equipped with that as well. Just some suggestions to enhance your SVTC riding experience.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do not know when it will be in yet. They have to do a dealer to dealer transfer and go get it. I told them Wed would be AWESOME since I am off and I can put the 600 break in miles on it and get it serviced before the weekend :) I will look into the lower deflectors down the road. I can always add them. I have seen the bikes with them and I do not like the look that much.. but if it keeps her warmer in the cold weather then I will put them on. I wonder if the freewire I use on the Goldwing will work on the Yammy. The DIN plug looks the same.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I do not know when it will be in yet. They have to do a dealer to dealer transfer and go get it. I told them Wed would be AWESOME since I am off and I can put the 600 break in miles on it and get it serviced before the weekend :) I will look into the lower deflectors down the road. I can always add them. I have seen the bikes with them and I do not like the look that much.. but if it keeps her warmer in the cold weather then I will put them on. I wonder if the freewire I use on the Goldwing will work on the Yammy. The DIN plug looks the same.
More importantly regarding their function, they will keep the both of you, cooler, more comfortable, and in humid conditions, very much cooled and refreshed. They also very much cool the two jugs below you, when set to capture the cool air-stream running along the outside wall of the faring, and direct it inward and onto your hips, legs, and the engine's cooling fins, themselves, but, each to their own...that's why they are accessories. :)

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just read your other answer about the DIN plug. I did not realize that the Honda DIN was a 5 pin not a 7 pin like the Harley. So to use my Freewire I need to get the Harley 7 pin HD to plug into the bike so I can use my freewire and Sena for the CB. I do not like the wire attached to my helmet.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just read your other answer about the DIN plug. I did not realize that the Honda DIN was a 5 pin not a 7 pin like the Harley. So to use my Freewire I need to get the Harley 7 pin HD to plug into the bike so I can use my freewire and Sena for the CB. I do not like the wire attached to my helmet.
To get full functionality out of on-board systems, ie: on-board Intercom, C.B., you need the 7 pin lowers. I'm not a blue-tooth/helmet user, so I can not properly answer your question. Someone else needs to reply to your query.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts