Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that my seat is not that great, its a factory seat. What have others tried or or purchased to make there bike a little bit more enjoyable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a stock seat myself, but everyone I know says "GET A MUSTANG SEAT"

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I only have experience with one seat on one bike so this may be worthless to your cause but my 1100 had a mustang seat on it when I purchased it. Having looked at several bikes before purchasing this one the first thing I noticed when I sat on this one was how hard the seat was. I know may folks rave about mustang seats and had I been able to compare it to stock I may feel the same way but based on my experience if I had paid all that money for this seat I would be pissed. I know sitting on one for a few minutes is nothing compared to riding a few 100 miles but I looked at two Roadstars with stock seats. On the initial sit on the bike, both those stock seats were softer than the Mustang I have.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got my new mustang seat about 2 weeks ago. 23,000 miles on my original seat. It is a great improvement worth the upgrade.

For what it is worth, I looked everywhere for the best price.

http://www.sscustomcycle.com/ had the best pricing including shipping.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Theres a guy in FL that customizes your OEM seat to be much more comfortable and the few that have done it swear its as good if not better than an aftermarket seat. His prices are (for a 1300) 75.00 for the rider seat and another 50 bucks for the passenger seat. I have it in an older post of mine, I think my old post was "are aftermarket seats worth the money" or something like that. Scroll through and you will see a link in one of the responses.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a Mustang seat. For short rides of up to 100 miles the stock seat was fine. It's during the 300-400+ mile days that I really appreciate the Mustang seat because it's less fatiguing. I'll add that any seat, chair, couch or even bed will have you squirming if you sit or lie in it long enough. When I'm traveling I try to stop every couple of hours just to stretch and let circulation return. The seat 'gurus' say that harder and narrower is the way to go if you want to reduce fatigue on long rides. Good luck in your search for comfort.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The only complaint I've heard of the Mustang seats are from tall guys. You'll find yourself up a little closer towards the front so you're legs will feel a little more cramp unless you have highway pegs. I'm short and I love my mustang seat on my vstar 1100.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
13,675 Posts
The seat 'gurus' say that harder and narrower is the way to go if you want to reduce fatigue on long rides.

never heard that. i think anyone who has gone on long rides would be a guru because anyone with experience would know what they are talking about in what they find comfortable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a studded saddlemen explorer seat in excellent condition for sale from my old 2004 1100 classic. Sold the bike was the the stock seat.
$200 plus shipping
Email me - gbowen67 at gmail. Com if interested

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only complaint I've heard of the Mustang seats are from tall guys. You'll find yourself up a little closer towards the front so you're legs will feel a little more cramp unless you have highway pegs. I'm short and I love my mustang seat on my vstar 1100.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
This is the problem I have with mine. I'm 6'2 and would like to be able to extend my legs a little more. Even with highway pegs I still feel like I'm further forward than I like. My bike came with the mustang seat when I bought it though. Does anyone have a recommendation for a seat for taller riders?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts