Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Idealhobbies from Milford Delaware

867 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  idealhobbies 
#1 ·
Good evening everyone. First, thank you to everyone for all of their great information and tips. They have been extremely helpful.

My name is Allan and I live in Milford, Delaware and I picked up a 2003 Vstar 650 Classic in February. I rode for many years starting with dirt bikes then duel sports (awesome to have when living in South Dakota and riding the Black Hills...see a trail...turn off and ride it...lots of fond memories), progressing to sport bikes before giving up the hobby in 2005 when I became the sole provider for my 3 kids (divorce and I got custody). My youngest turned 18 last July and I bought myself a little Ninja 250 to wet my feet. Well, I was hooked again but I got tired of being left behind by my buddy when riding so I bought the Vstar 650. Truthfully, I would have rather have had a larger CC bike, but I broke my ankle a couple of years ago REALLY badly (steel plate and 18 screws) and it will never be remotely right again so I have a weak leg..thus a need for a lighter bike and a knee brace when riding. I've never had a cruiser bike, and honestly was not interested before, but I am almost 49 years old and need more comfort when riding.

My Vstar has seen better days and a lot of weather, rust in several places like the exhaust manifold etc. but the price was ok with me and a good start to cruiser life. With the virus and the lingering cold weather this year (groundhog needs to be put down!) I have, until yesterday, only gotten to do short rides of 60 or so miles. Yesterday, I met with 4 others and rode from 10:30am to 9:30pm when I finally it the garage door. That was really nice. Unfortunately, I forgot to reset the trip meter on my GPS, so I have no idea how many miles we rode. Ballpark...300 miles. Waiting on a buddy to get back to me with exact mileage.

Well, here she is. I already had the Givi case so I put it on...I know, it doesnt exact fit with the motif...but who cares. Eventually, some Viking hard bags.

See less See more
#8 ·
Only suggestion I can make is when you stop you can force the bike to lean (drop) to one side of the other, to favor your good leg

when I stop at the last instant I turn the handlebars just a nudge to the right, so the bike always leans to the left as I put my left foot down, then I plant my right foot

it works either way

#10 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Nice looking bike. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.