Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm looking for some reasonably low cost ideas on some interior coatings or covering for the inside of my new hard bags.

They came raw with no coating or anything.

Paint them with Spray on undercoating ?
Flat black paint ?
Indoor outdoor carpet cut and trimmed to fit and glued in place ?

Do nothing and leave as is ?

Each has it's merits. You guys may have other suggestions...

jake :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm thinking grey carpet like they use to cover speaker boxes. (might come in other colors?) I have thought about doing that to mine, the noise/rattles from things bouncing around certainly doesn't sound good when riding past someone.
It's hard to look confident when bike sounds like it's vibrating apart lol

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stn-less-steel

I fully get your gripe. I thought maybe some indoor outdoor carpet
might work well. And like you said different colors and textures abound. I might just go this route because of the noise abatement
property's ....

Thanks for your input :):D:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big buddha , I also tossed around the idea of bedliner. However it comes in rather large scale sizes and would be a waste to use so little of it over a smaller area like this. These bags are smallish 16" L 11" D
6" W. So a few square feet is all thats required.

jake:D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
trunk liner felt......

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhhhhh, Sick mick, Thanks for your input. Where can I purchase this stuff.....

Amazon.com ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Big buddha , I also tossed around the idea of bedliner. However it comes in rather large scale sizes and would be a waste to use so little of it over a smaller area like this. These bags are smallish 16" L 11" D
6" W. So a few square feet is all thats required.

jake:D
if you werent 8 hours away, I would buy a gallon paint my bike and you could have the rest

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You would paint your Bike with bedliner ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I used spray on truck bed liner (Duplicolor) and then cut out some grey carpet (was the kind you used for an entrance during winter with rubber bottom) for the bottoms.

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see . Interesting to say the least. I had planned to use gold metal flake in the firethorn orange I painted my bike with.

After I saw how much sparkle the paint itself had in it there was no reason to add anything. And it turned out awesome...

It's Amazing the difference between in light and in sunlight. The sun just makes the whole thing sparkle like a diamond. Very cool effect.

In photo it just looks orange.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Having picked up Chinese take-out where the soy sauce lid was not tight, I vote for keep it bare. It's nice to be able to take the bag off, turn it upside down and wash it out with the garden hose. I don't hear anything rattling in my bags, and if I have to carry anything fragile, I throw an old towel in the bottom of the bag.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I'm on board with that. I don't want to go overboard on bags that cost less than $100. I think painting the inside and putting a thick rubber bottom would be suffice. And like you said if it gets yucked up
you can remove and wash. Or rinse out.

Carpet would make that a long drying process.

OK I'm good... Thanks to all members for all the tips and points...

Valuable for sure.... Your advise is always welcome....

Thanks jake :) :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts