Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got a few scratch and dent V-Star tanks I'm trying to identify here, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

#1:

#2:

#3:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Definitely none of them are from a 1300. Fill up is in the center and speedometer on the bars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sparkn, I'm almost 100% sure you're right about the #1 being 1100, THANKS!

Nevary, what tips you off to it being a 650? Trying to learn.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sparkn, I'm almost 100% sure you're right about the #1 being 1100, THANKS!

Nevary, what tips you off to it being a 650? Trying to learn.
I edited what you read out because I am unsure of the differences between the 650 and 1100 tanks and was trying to match the paint schemes to years without a whole lot of success in the quick searching I was doing.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Need better pictures.....like from the top and bottom.

My guess is 1100 - 650 - 1100....but can't be sure with out better pics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sick Mick I'll post more pics in the morning. I took all sorts. After looking around on eBay, I can't believe what people sell and make money on. These tanks were refused by customers for what I consider obvious reasons, #1 has a 1/2" scratch on the front of the tank, #2 has a half each dimple on each side (which is hard to understand since it was double-boxed by Yamaha), #3 has two 1/2" dimples on the left and buffable scratches on the top.

Sparkn, I found an identical tank that sold on eBay after you posted/edited the 1100 guess and he said he pulled it off a 2004 1100. I'm assuming good info?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm assuming you guys didn't see my new member introduction post, I'm not trying to turn and burn on this forum for information to sell stuff. PM me your addresses and I'll send you a thank you package of low end Star stuff. I have OEM keychains and patches and Christmas ornaments and all sorts of stuff, and I appreciate the help. I have an entire storage shed of stuff to deal with and I'd love to prove I'm not freeloading here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
here in aus the top would be from 1100,centre not so sure and bottom 1100 going by the paint ,i have looked at two 1100 with the same color patterns as those in the photos .

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Speedo mount on the 1100 looks like this

On the 650...looks like this....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Sick Mick! I'm getting the pictures of my tanks right now.

I don't Corsair, I'm JUST getting started in this massive undertaking. I'll definitely get stuff on the for sale forum!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Top and bottom are 1100....middle is 650 like already mentioned.

·
Registered
458 Posts
the 1100 would have a plate sticking out on the bottom pretty much flat with two holes one on top of each other for the frame bolts. Unless they have been cut off or unbolted.

The one in the middle is for sure a 650. The other two are hard to guess without seeing the bottom shots. But I wanna say something other than an 1100.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts