Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sitting here at work obviously super busy :D:rolleyes: and i naturally surf the web looking at ideas for my bobber project and dream bikes.

So my question to all you cool dudes is IF you could choose one bike to ride what would it be? Pretend price is not a thing haha

Mine is a 1948 Harley Davidson Knucklehead!

·
Registered
882 Posts
So I am sitting here at work obviously super busy :D:rolleyes: and i naturally surf the web looking at ideas for my bobber project and dream bikes.

So my question to all you cool dudes is IF you could choose one bike to ride what would it be? Pretend price is not a thing haha

Mine is a 1948 Harley Davidson Knucklehead!
A production bike or our dream custom?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be either one! :) I just love the old school look of the knucklehead but I would mind a custom bagger :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like the look of the strat! And you can't go wrong with a victory! I would love the victory high ball

·
Registered
380 Posts
Right now I'm jonesing for a new Indian Chief Classic. Dressed out the way I'd like, only about $20 Gs. Not crazy expensive but hard to justify for a weekend enthusiast.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to see you all have great taste! God I would love a Indian chief. Place by me has one on display.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Hey thats the "skelital remains bike" They just don't make rotting flesh that good anymore.

If Choosing without money as an issue it would be a Low mileage 2004 Harley Fatbob. in silver.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Question: If I can choose one bike is easy to understand, but is this my ONLY bike?

If I had to pick one bike and only could own this one bike, Victory Cross Country Tour.

If I could pick a bike and add to my collection....I would need more time to think.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If I were picking for appearance, Honda's Valkyrie Rune is a tough act to follow. If I am picking for long-haul riding, Honda's Gold Wing. If for what is known as Sport-Touring, I'd look long at Honda's ST1300 or Kawasaki's Concourse. There are no V-Twins that make the cut.

In practical terms, either my 250 Star or my Majesty have taken me anywhere I wanted to go with them, including some fairly long trips. Either maintains highway speed, although the 250 won't always manage the 80 mph speeds on parts of Wyoming's Interstates. Both have successfully, and with no difficulty whatsoever, been up Pikes Peak and Mount Evans (over 14,000 feet) and across Independence Pass and Trail Ridge Road.

Unfortunately, as I get older, the thought of having to pick up almost any motorcycle should it for some reason fall over, leads me toward a CanAm Spyder.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I rode a can am Spyder on a test drive. Very nice. But I found the service intervals were insane. and very hard to do yourself.
Seems a special lift is used to do service work.

Stryker, check the responses from owners of this bike. Considered to be a tire eating monster. Goes through rear rubber like King kong goes through bananas....

Burp ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I rode a can am Spyder on a test drive. Very nice. But I found the service intervals were insane. and very hard to do yourself.
Seems a special lift is used to do service work.

Stryker, check the responses from owners of this bike. Considered to be a tire eating monster. Goes through rear rubber like King kong goes through bananas....

Burp ! :rolleyes:
A friend of mine has a can am spyder. 2 failed ignition switches, it floods easy and is very hard to start, switch gear feels like its made by Fisher-Price and you have to strip half the plastic to do anything and it breaks easy....I wouldnt own one personally.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Kudo's, These are bikes for the very rich or very injured.

If you cannot ride a 2 wheeler then fine. You wont be wrenching on
it anyway.

It was a cool bike but not worth the hassle. Sorry Can Am. $18K base price.

Stryker is sharp. But rear rubber burning at that pace can be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Can't decide.....Roadmaster, Chieftain, or Chief.....it has to be an Indian in Red or cream and blue.....maybe cream and red.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts