Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... metric cruiser would take a serious look at?

I don't even really like cruisers with fairings but, I dig the Vaquero

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not a bad looking bike, but I just like the chrome covers on the V-star. That all black engine color just makes the bike look to plain..

JMO Though

·
Registered
89 Posts
As far as metric cruisers go, I wouldn't. There are some great looking cruisers available but the build quality, materials, and dependability/reliability on my Stars have far impressed me over the other manufacturers. Other than Star, I'd buy American.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I would have to say that it is a very good looking cruiser.I guess I would look at one if I were to go up in bikes from a smaller one.But after owning a liner it is real hard to go backwards.That's why I would have a hard time getting a hd or vic.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not a bad looking ride. But I'm with sheriff; if I'm not on a Star, then I would be looking at either HD or Victory. And I do like those new Cross Tours that Victory has out.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Budget permitting and if I wanted a much heaver bike, for the first time I would really consider the HD Street Glide.
This is why, seems to handle like a much lighter bike, right now with the 1300 I am right in my comfort zone but the HD - the way they talk about it ... ugh... I dont know ... here is the story *L*
http://www.cycleworld.com/2010/08/18/harley-davidson-street-glide-vs-victory-cross-country-vs-star-stratoliner-deluxe-comparison-test/

I am brand loyal to no one, metric or American, except the best bike fit for me and features I want at a reasonable price. I too like the Vaquero styling and that would be another one I would consider. Been looking at one in a dealership a number of times already *L*

·
Registered
570 Posts
Victorys are Metric ;) If the Judge started at 10,000...instead of about 14,000 id go buy one they day they came out...14,000 is a bit to much to justify though.

The only metrics I really like are Star's...The Honda fury is a good looking bike and felt perfect sitting on it but WAAAY to much plastic..Kawasaki and Suzukis stuff dont really appeal to me at all either

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been pretty stuck on Yamaha for over 30 years (raced open class desert on a Husky 400 for a while but they don't have a cruiser yet ;) ). I guess I would look at BMW first then Victory if I hit the lottery or something. I don't ever see myself on a Hardly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was under the impresion that victory was "Made In the U.S.A.", Test rode a Vaquero once felt very heavy, nothing light about it. I would go victory, or harley before I go to any brand other than Yamaha. Staying on my yamaha for now and not looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That Indian is saaaawwweeeeet!!!!!! But, the 30 grand price tag is a bit steep!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts