Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at a motorcycle dealership, you should know what a bullet fairing is!!!!!!!!! That is all!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You should also know how many spark plugs go in to a liner.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me guess, they tried to sell you just two??? Lol. Hopefully I will be able to make the brackets for the fairing since they dont make em for the Raider!!!!! Otherwise i wasted $160!!! Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Whats a bullet fairing? LOL

Back in the olden days these like the one on my '76 were called Bikini Fairings, thats all I've ever heard them called until I read this :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same thing, not sure when they started calling them bullet fairing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really dont know!!!! Lynxss may. I just want alittle bit of the air off my chest. Plus I like the way they look!!!! Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
how well do those block wind?
Not very LOL.

They mainly just keep the wind off your lower torso some which does help tremendously on those style of bikes. I've noticed with cruisers the gas tank and headlight blocks as much wind as the old bikini fairings. On those 70's bikes you sit up high and get the full blast of the wind from crotch upwards on naked bikes LOL on cruisers you sit down well below the top of the tank and that blocks a lot of the wind in the same area itself.

Maybe its just me but I don't think those vintage sport bike fairings look right on modern cruisers anyway. They seem to be getting popular again after SoA. Maybe if more of the hard core Harley crowd knew where they originated from instead of copying a tv show they would not be contaminating their Hogs with BMW developed fairings :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not very LOL.

They mainly just keep the wind off your lower torso some which does help tremendously on those style of bikes. I've noticed with cruisers the gas tank and headlight blocks as much wind as the old bikini fairings. On those 70's bikes you sit up high and get the full blast of the wind from crotch upwards on naked bikes LOL on cruisers you sit down well below the top of the tank and that blocks a lot of the wind in the same area itself.

Maybe its just me but I don't think those vintage sport bike fairings look right on modern cruisers anyway. They seem to be getting popular again after SoA. Maybe if more of the hard core Harley crowd knew where they originated from instead of copying a tv show they would not be contaminating their Hogs with BMW developed fairings :D
Your right about the wind on cruisers, i noticed a huge difference between my Vstar and the Raider. The tank on the Raider blocks alot more air than the Vstar did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts