Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2004 vstar650 classic thatis not getting any spark. It is all of a sudden problem that I cant figure out. Can anyone tell me where the ignition fuse is on this bike? Repair manual tells me to check it but I dont know where it is! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was afraid that was the answer. All the fuses in the box are fine. I have run out of simple fix items and keep coming back to a bad pickup coil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your help. I broke down amd took it to a pro who has confirmed it is the pickup coil. I have ordered the parts, now I have to wait :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so my guy replaced the pickup coil, still won't start. I replaced the CDI bix, still won't start. Took the battery in to get tested, tested out OK. No spark on the rear plug,spark on the front. Switch coils front to back and still no spark on rear. Coils are tested OK as they both work on the front and both don't on the rear. Kick stand switch was broken, had that repaired, still no spark and no start. I am pulling out my hair.....

Any ideas? There has to be some issue in the 12 inches between the battery and the rear coil - I have run out of parts to buy.

HELP!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
OK, so my guy replaced the pickup coil, still won't start. I replaced the CDI bix, still won't start. Took the battery in to get tested, tested out OK. No spark on the rear plug,spark on the front. Switch coils front to back and still no spark on rear. Coils are tested OK as they both work on the front and both don't on the rear. Kick stand switch was broken, had that repaired, still no spark and no start. I am pulling out my hair.....

Any ideas? There has to be some issue in the 12 inches between the battery and the rear coil - I have run out of parts to buy.

HELP!!
the cdi is that the brains the expensive part?check the continuity of the wire going to the coil, isn't there two wires one going to each coil?you switched the coils did you switch the wires? i guess that would'nt work on a single fire ignition.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The two wires to the coil only fit one way. There is a larger and a smaller connector that fit the corresponding connector.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
i'm looking at a wireing diagram for an 1100 and one wire comes from the ignitor and the other comes from the shutting off circuit. since the other coil is working i would think the wire to the shutoff circuit is working. so is there continuity with the wire that goes to the cdi? are you getting power to the coil?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts