Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a rookie thing and tried to boost my bike when the battery died. When it didnt work i went and bought a trickle charger and let it charge for 5 hours. Now when I go to start the bike there is the odd time where nothing happens and i have to keep trying the ignition switch.(when i say nothing I mean nothing) When it does try it starts right away. The other issue is at higher speeds when accelerating the engine rpm will suddenly gutter then come back four or five times. Is it possible when I boosted the engine I screwed up the module? To date I have installed vance and hines exhaust tips, rejetted the carb and removed the ais system. I'm inclined to replace the module but want to be sure before I order one.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It might help if we had an idea of what kind of bike your talking about....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi, It sounds like maybe your ignition switch is going bad. ( has dirty contacts). Do you use the kill switch to stop the engine? I had a virago where the kick stand switch would cause the bike to stop, it would kill everything except the lights. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I recently did a rookie thing and tried to boost my bike when the battery died. When it didnt work i went and bought a trickle charger and let it charge for 5 hours. Now when I go to start the bike there is the odd time where nothing happens and i have to keep trying the ignition switch.(when i say nothing I mean nothing) When it does try it starts right away. The other issue is at higher speeds when accelerating the engine rpm will suddenly gutter then come back four or five times. Is it possible when I boosted the engine I screwed up the module? To date I have installed vance and hines exhaust tips, rejetted the carb and removed the ais system. I'm inclined to replace the module but want to be sure before I order one.
You said you rejetted the carbs....are you sure you put the right jets in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts