Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, forum. My son and I bought new (left over) Star 1300’s ~a year ago. He’s a welder and commutes to work and I farm. We live in rural SW Illinois. I’m glad to have found this pool of knowledgeable people. We are also happy with our Stars. One of the reasons we chose 1300s is because we are both larger men (6’ 5” and close to 300lbs). Every other bike we tried, with the exception of the Honda Au-Wing), was dangerously cramped, we thought. In fact, I cut the heel shifter off our Stars because our feet were getting caught between the heel and toe lever and became a safety issue (size 15 boots). Anyway, we are looking forward to reading what this community has been doing. I have attached a picture of John on his 1300. Hope I did it right.
Jeans Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,479 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill. Glad you joined. Ride often and.

·
Premium Member
2008 Yamaha Road Star Silverado (Gray, hard bags, etc.)
1,274 Posts
Welcome from Iowa. That's cool you and your son both got bikes together. Always fun to do things like that for father/son time. Every year I go on a tractor ride with my dad. Those days are always fond memories.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,479 Posts
To edit post click on three dot upper right of your post.

Product Font Software Screenshot Parallel

Then click edit, make changes and save.

Product Font Line Rectangle Material property

As far as calling @Brad_G me, I'm sure he's been called worst. Oh wait, maybe not. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: kje54 and Brad_G
1 - 15 of 15 Posts