Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a new 2009 VStar 650 Classic, Pearl White, Floorboards, Heel/Toe Shifter and am installing a Silverado windshield, Star passing lamps and a Baron’s engine guard. I want to eventually have a gel pad installed in my seat (I think) and add saddlebags, sissybar and luggage rack. Then maybe some bling later. Also, just recently completed my MSF course and got the "M" endorsement from DPS. Can't wait to get on the road....
A Big Hello to All!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.Skip the the gell pad just buy an aftermarket seat.Trust me you will be money ahead and have a happier back side. I modified my seat 6 times then ended up going with a mustang and it still isn't the best.I have old man ass, no meat on the back side. This baby has not back lol. Just my 2 cents. Keep the shiny side up

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :confused: Don't let that hdeater113 confuse you, he's color blind :D:D:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome from another newbie, currently riding her V* 650 Classic in Arlington VA!

Can't wait to hear about your first rides!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the fun house hanko. Congrats on the bike and for completing the safety course. I was one of those guilty folks who rode for years without. I took the course this year and it was great.

Can't say much about the seat, I seem to like my stock seat, but maybe a man of my size causes the seat to feel a little softer. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Invest in a mustang seat for you and for your SOP, Significant other passenger. Hdeater113 has it right, the gel pad is a waste of time and money. Got any picks of theat new bike?
Ride safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts